Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frank Frazetta's 'The Death Dealer'

Frank Frazetta's 'The Death Dealer'

This is my first post as I've only been a bit of a lurker until now. So hello all

I've previously treated Artrage as a toy of sorts, just mucking about and so on but decided I wanted to make a proper effort to paint something. After some deliberation I decided to copy a piece for an exercise in both painting and using Artrage 4. This is the end result, a respectful (I hope) version of Frank Frazetta's amazing 'The Death Dealer'.

I hope I've done it some justice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frazetta-Death-Dealer-1080.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	81602  

welcome to the forum Bertrude, you certainly did great justice to this work from Frank Frazetta. so as a first cut using ArtRage you already have a very high skill level.. I think some previous or current formal training is showing through here... hope to see more wonderful works from you soon.

Thank you. Most kind.

Yeah I do have an arty background of sorts but I come from a more Graphic Design-based education. Painting kind of got left behind after college as I found work as a Graphic Designer but it's something I'd like to pursue more these days as I find it more rewarding. I love the flexibility of digital work (undo's and layers are brill) as I've always felt kind of tentative about making marks on paper/canvas etc. I've used Photoshop quite a bit and tried my hand at some digital painting in that over the last few years, but Artrage has a nice unique feel to it and feels just that little bit more natural.
    Last edited by Bertrude; 06-26-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Great painting and welcome, hope to see many more

Fantastic study, you nailed it !!! One of my Fav paintings by Frank Frazetta. Well done, looking forward to seeing your original work.

Great rendition of Frazetta's painting! This one happens to be one of my favourites of his, so it's great how you did it justice.

wow, very game style . very beautifully! light and shadow come to be here . hope to see another paintings of yours!

Superb!, and welcome to the forum. I am looking forward to what you can do with ArtRage.

Welcome! You performed magnificently here with this elegant interpretation of Frazetta. Congrats!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!