ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Reverts to using both monitors when in focus

Unhappy Reverts to using both monitors when in focus

So I know how to limit my tablet to using a single monitor, works fine with every other program except this one.
    What happens is that it limits the tablet to just the one monitor UNTIL I put ArtRage in focus (click on it to make it active) and it throws my wacom settings out the window and goes back to make my teeny-tiny tablet be split between the two. This results in me drawing ovals instead of circles, big long lines with the tiniest of movement and general irritation that it is ignoring my settings when I'm actually trying to use it.
    Setup: Two 1080p monitors
    Win8.1 64bit
    Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch

This may relate to whether the app is using Wintab or Realtime Stylus for tablet input. The current Wacom drivers can put out both and this can sometimes confuse apps designed to take input from more than one.

If you check your ArtRage Preferences, look under Input Device and see what the state of the Use Wintab and Use Realtime Stylus toggles is: Both may be on by default, if so, turn off Use Wintab and restart the app - Does that help? If not, turn on Use Wintab, turn off Use Realtime Stylus and restart to see if that helps.

If neither solves the problem, drop us an email at support@artrage.com and let us know the version of the Wacom drives you're using and we can look in to it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Actually I fixed it! The solution you used didn't quite work but for some reason ArtRage overrides general settings and the monitor focus actually needs to be configured specifically for the program through the wacom settings instead of just in the all tab. Thanks for the quick reply, though!

That's odd - We don't do anything in the app to override any settings (I don't think there's a way to do that) so there will be something going on in the driver that's doing this. Maybe old profiles that didn't get uninstalled or perhaps the drivers aren't adjusting for RTS properly? Glad to hear there's a workaround though.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.