ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A problem of selection tool

A problem of selection tool

I use magic wand mode to select some rectangle area.
    The area is very simple ,but the result of selection always offset one or two pixel like the attachment..

Does anyone have this probelm?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenClip.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	81545  

This is mostly just an error with the selection preview. When you actually fill or erase the content, it should match up to the actual selection, not the offset pixels.

For example:
    Name:  selection offset fill.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  25.0 KB

edit: okay, I have checked with those who are wiser in the ways of programming than I, and the official word is that this is an inevitable result of the adjustments made when zooming in.

Essentially, the problem is not the selection, it's the appearance of the canvas itself, as the subsampling from zooming in (to avoid pixellation) is causing a 'bleeding' effect. If you are not zoomed in at all, then you shouldn't see it.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

I don't need avioding pixellation when zooming-in ,but I need to show selection area accurately when preview ...

So this problem will not be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    This is mostly just an error with the selection preview. When you actually fill or erase the content, it should match up to the actual selection, not the offset pixels.

For example:
    Name:  selection offset fill.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  25.0 KB

edit: okay, I have checked with those who are wiser in the ways of programming than I, and the official word is that this is an inevitable result of the adjustments made when zooming in.

Essentially, the problem is not the selection, it's the appearance of the canvas itself, as the subsampling from zooming in (to avoid pixellation) is causing a 'bleeding' effect. If you are not zoomed in at all, then you shouldn't see it.