ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicken

Chicken

My solo road trip a couple of years ago led me to a farm stay where there were lots of pretty chickens wandering around. I love chickens, the sounds they make and their funny personalities. Sadly, my stay coincided with a big cull of lots of young unwanted rooster wannabes, so I had to block my ears as they were chased down, caught and dispatched. One of the few times where there is not a lot of fun in being a boy! This little girl survived.

Attachment 81500

interesting chicken.... I like the transparency of the feathers that build up volume for the body and wings... the use of black to outline important areas and ground the chicken... now all you need is a few chicks running behind!...I think farm animals make for great subjects for paintings/digital prints..

I like the way you have depicted the chicken - I don't think I've seen anything like this before - a very interesting way to paint.

Thanks Gary and Enug. Yes, it's not the usual way you might portray something, but it is very satisfying.

Not from Kentucky for sure ... rather from the antipode. LOL You master perfectly this style, dear Robyn. Like it!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

A lovely survivor, Robin

What an 'orrific tale o' tha cocks. . . phew! Enough ta put me off me buffalo wings. . .

Until you grow up, copespeak, lass, I think you should avoid Steve's thread, as Alfred Hitch-cock be sneakin' into yer dreams. . . oh aye. . . So what's an 'en ta do, eh, but live in this wretched cluck up. . .

Really good painting though, once you managed to crop out all the gore and gristle on the killing floor. . . Blimey. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Ha ha! Mr Akey! She was serenely wandering around with all the other wenches, oblivious to the unfolding disaster elsewhere. Sometimes gals have got to come out on top!

Thats a real marker/pencil look you have going with your "Chicken" I like the back story too,eggs were the last thing I stopped eating on my road to be a Vegan.
    Great work !