ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: colorwheel

colorwheel

I would suggest that the colorwheel UI get an overhaul for the next iteration. I love painting on my tabletPC, but selecting colors are quite a tedious task since the vertical slider is located so close to the right border that I sometimes have to struggle abit to get the right color selected. The tablet simply looses track of the pen at times when being so close to the edge...

The main colorpicking area is fine as it is, it's just that vertical slider that's causing the trouble.

Having a floatable colorselection box would be my personal choice of change, but I'm not certain how that fits with the artrage team UI thinking... ?
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

You'll be glad to know we have made it easier to click the slider on the far right. The idea of a floating colour picker is one I'll make a note to look at too. the numeric colour picker is perhaps a bit clunky for rapid use
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

That sounds just brilliant, Matt. I and my tabletPC just got alittle bit happier after reading your comment.

I really hope you find ways of including a floatable colorwheel as well. Maybe it could be something that resembles the layer floater abit in funcionality and design. That would work like a charm I'm sure...

cheers,
    Peter
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

I wish to add another suggestion to the colorwheel design.
    I got hereditary color deficient perception as 5% of men have (women are almost free). As such I became dependent on the color WHEEL (i.e., the round one) you can find in Painter in order to choose complimentaries, triads, etc.
    I know it may be hard to introduce such a major change in the interface design, but I keep my hope.
    This trait have been preventing me from employing AR for my pro work. Lately (thanks to a tip in this forum) I opted to save a pic of a (static) wheel and use it as a reference. It's not the same (there is a loss of saturation) but its my only choice for now.
    As your great staff have been introducing steady improvements to AR and still keeping the UI clean and intuitive I hope you'll be able to fulfill my dream of a real colorwheel in a non distant future.
    Thanks and keep the good work!
    Nulla die sine linea
    http://bobrow.wordpress.com

Bob Row- One thing you can do right away is to load a full color wheel as a reference image. This gives you an instant floating scalable color wheel that you can sample from. Just a thought to help with your pro work.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Thanks Fashmir, if you read carefully I stated that this is what I do. But it's a bit anoying as you can't change the reference image's frame. My best.
    Nulla die sine linea
    http://bobrow.wordpress.com