ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belated Welcome....

Belated Welcome....

Welcome Hannah.....although late, but your presence is greatly appreciated...
    So this was hopfully some encouraging feedback to validate and justifie your existence, HEhe! as you put it....
    And remember...."Keep on Lurkin", or is it Truckin?...was the latter in the sixties. Wow, that age thing came
    out again!
    Anyway, take care...
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 06-07-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Hi Steve! Yes, I should probably have posted something here as well, so that people could comment properly (so thank you for starting a thread instead).

*goes back to lurking mysteriously in the corner*
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

We already made our acquaintances elsewhere, but for the purposes of your official arrival. Welcome!

If I step on your toes, just let me know.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hi and welcome to the friendliest group on the net, Hannah

....and from me too!!

RELEASE THE MODERATOR!!!!!

Thought you made your presence known some time back. I suppose because of your protective coloration your lurkin' was workin'. But when you moved you got spotted. I don't want to give anything away, but it may be that Protective Coloration is a feature for a later AR release and you're testing it out?

Yes, I've been lurking in plain sight myself. My personal features came out way back in AR2, I think. Was a challenge not getting nabbed by Tycho though.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Welcome HannahRage to Artrage Team. When I came back to the forum, I thought Dave was left, and you replaced him to do the techie supports. It's happy to know that you are adding to the awesome Artrage Team. Woot ! Woot !

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    RELEASE THE MODERATOR!!!!!

Thought you made your presence known some time back. I suppose because of your protective coloration your lurkin' was workin'. But when you moved you got spotted. I don't want to give anything away, but it may be that Protective Coloration is a feature for a later AR release and you're testing it out?

Yes, I've been lurking in plain sight myself. My personal features came out way back in AR2, I think. Was a challenge not getting nabbed by Tycho though.
    It's actually part of the Advanced God Mode Ninja Moderator package, which comes with the forum.

I held off initially because I was just getting used to the forum again, and then I realised that it had been a bit too long, so I should get a move on and actually tell people who I am. So, here I am! If you also want the forum reorganised, or certain resources pinned somewhere obvious (for the 2% of people that read them), or stuff added to the FAQ (we've been updating, had anyone noticed?), then feel free to bug me. And if you turn up and find that the Technical section or the Gallery area has been closed and filled with pictures of lolcats one day, it probably, definitely wasn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    We already made our acquaintances elsewhere, but for the purposes of your official arrival. Welcome!

If I step on your toes, just let me know.

Ha, to be honest, I spend a lot of time reading through your answers and pretending I knew that all along. I know ArtRage pretty well, but you seem to have explored every single bit of it. Please continue, you're doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    Welcome HannahRage to Artrage Team. When I came back to the forum, I thought Dave was left, and you replaced him to do the techie supports. It's happy to know that you are adding to the awesome Artrage Team. Woot ! Woot !
    Ha, no, he's still around. He just got the job of Not Doing Tech Support

I will say, this forum is scarily well behaved. I've had to do surprisingly little moderating.

Well I suppose Frequently Asked Questions is useful for new folks. And since they're new, they may not know what to ask or where to look for the answer. It's a nice idea to have a catch all area where they have enough info that's likely to be asked in one spot. So it's a good service. Tips and Tricks and Tech Support may appear thick and daunting to some to navigate. Nice to see that someone has anticipated the questions people might want to know right off the bat.

2 percent look at the forums. I don't have a clue what that means in real numbers. But it sounds small but it could be a lot.

I don't see a heck of a lot of movement in the forums, but when I log on often there are lots and lots of people on at one time. I always wondered what they were doing. Didn't know that there was such an abundance of lurkers stumbling over each other in the shadows anonymously. Reminds me of that original Star Trek episode where James Kirk was alone on the Enterprise with one hot babe, and it turned out they were on a facsimile ship, on a planet where there were too many people to the point they were crammed up to the windows. Sounds like there's a sci-fi story just waiting to happen in these forums.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    2 percent look at the forums. I don't have a clue what that means in real numbers. But it sounds small but it could be a lot.
    Sorry, I should have clarified a bit. I was mostly joking about the low number of people that tend to read pinned posts (2% of forum users). I was being hyperbolic

I don't see a heck of a lot of movement in the forums, but when I log on often there are lots and lots of people on at one time. I always wondered what they were doing. Didn't know that there was such an abundance of lurkers stumbling over each other in the shadows anonymously. Reminds me of that original Star Trek episode where James Kirk was alone on the Enterprise with one hot babe, and it turned out they were on a facsimile ship, on a planet where there were too many people to the point they were crammed up to the windows. Sounds like there's a sci-fi story just waiting to happen in these forums.
    *looks warily over shoulder*

Wow, there sure are a lot of eyes glinting from the shadows! That's not creepy at all!

I look forward to someone writing this story.