ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cool Colours of Winter

Cool Colours of Winter

My partner's brother has a nearby property, and as we were leaving last Saturday, I was transfixed by the gorgeous colours of this view over a small dam at the gateway.

Old grasses and new lush green, misty grey sky, it was perfect.

A quick, scrubby little painting, but I was kinda pleased.

Attachment 81321

Gorgeous scenery..refreshing colors and weather
    i like your work

Roybn, so beautiful brush strokes and soothing scenery. I really enjoy looking at it. Best timing for me too I like winter a lot.

I love the cold and damp feeling of the image - all the shades of green - last summer's grasses and the sky showing thru the trees.

A lovely painting Robyn, your winter colours are much different than what I'm used to

nice little landscape!.. the sky holes in the trees, and that particular shade of bluegreen for the distant hills is spot on to my eye. I also like the pond and grasses a very satisfying and tranquil landscape... a very beautiful spot for sure. I would love to walk and explore it..

Wonderful scenery
    Love colors and brushstrokes you used.
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Even in a cloudy day nature can be overwhelming and your painting conveys exactly that
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Thanks everyone, I love winter and am presently compiling ideas for a new solo exhibition using the beauty of the Strzelecki Ranges, where I live, and winter mists. Every time I see something I love, the brakes come on and the camera comes out.

Sometimes we are in bright sunshine,and the mist is below, and sometimes it's the other way around.