ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Hogan

Yellow Hogan

a humble hogan providing calm isolation from the noise of the city
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yellow Hogan.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	322.1 KB 
ID:	81272  

I like this Gary, it does suggest calm and warmth

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    I like this Gary, it does suggest calm and warmth
    thank you justjean...

Well, was waiting for someone to comment on the title.....
    Alright... educate me Gary, have no clue about 'Yellow Hogan' humble or not...
    But if this piece was presented without a title, the soft warmth of the colors would
    and do give me a calming appreciation of this latest from you dear friend....
    Take care,
    Steve

Self Update...Navajo home, don't know how I missed it.
    Lived in Arizona for six years...Thanks Jibes for jogging
    my memory..
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 06-01-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Gary, so much to see in this painting besides the focal point. Love it!
    Hogan is the, traditional home of the Navajo people if that's what you meant.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Hi Steve sure a Hogan is a Navajo home made with mud/straw bricks and pole roofs with sod or thatched roofs usually one room with a fire pit or fire place usually built away from people and in a canyon or near source of water and shade... the yellow Hogan is a "spiritual" Hogan as yellow is the color of enlightenment and life...I know that is all esoteric but those are a big part of my personal symbology.. as you know a lot of my work has levels of meaning..

Wonderful sunny colours Gary. I can see a hint of realism coming in there again. So many layers and small details.

Always exciting, Gary, and with this one a wonderful sense of peace and enlightenment. I love your work.

Great painting Gary,and I enjoyed reading your explanation of the Hogan,as I have never heard the term.Wonderful !

The only Hogan that's got a yellow hair on him is the Hulkster. Actually, it's probably platinum by now. I too had to look up what a hogan is.

Very very cool graphic. You're right. It seems personal and has a wider range of pastels than I would ordinarily associate with Navajo, which to me is turquoise, silver and black, and maybe some of that venetian red stone I can't recall the name of. But that's very cliche, and Arizona roadside touristy, even though those materials are very cool in combination.

This is refreshing on the other hand where this feels more unexpected and experiential, of perhaps being in a special place while the desert is in bloom - a personal sacred space of sorts. Nice job!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream