Thread: Bigger Glitter?

Gallery
    View images

Bigger Glitter?

Hi All,
    I read over a bunch of stuff here so I'm not redundant but I imagine I will be anyway. Please bear with me. Say I want to make an image 6x6 with a 300dpi, and I want glitter on it. The glitter is much too small at that dpi (or I should say, that canvas size in order to make it that dpi) and there is no way to make it bigger. I've read how you can click on both the brush and the glitter pallete and change the % up to 500 but that doesn't make the size of the pieces of glitter bigger at all as far as I can tell. It only makes the brush size (span) bigger. This doesn't have the same effect. Am I correct that I am limited in this way when it comes to resolution and glitter size?
    Thanks for any help. These forums are fantastic. And I am a very happy owner of Art Rage.
    Customer support is amazing!
    Thanks,
    Bethany

Gallery
    View images

me again

Can anyone help me on this? Am I not being clear with my question? If I am working on an 1800 by 1800 canvas or 3600 by 3600 for example, is there any way to make the glitter shapes bigger? I know I can make the glitter brush span bigger, up to 500%, but that doesn't make the pieces of glitter bigger. And I can't get the effect I want at the resolution I need. Everything is too small.
    If the answer is just no, I'd appreciate a response anyway. Hope I don't sound impatient. I just thought maybe I didn't phrase the question clearly since lots of views and no replies.
    Thanks again,
    Bethany

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Bethany. The size of the tools is absolute rather than relative to the size of the image, so there's no way to make the pieces of glitter bigger than their 100% particle size.

You're correct, entering a value over 100% up to 500% for the tool size with affect the spread of the tool, but that doesn't affect the size of the individual particles. We have had some users mention that larger glitter particles might be nice.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you Dave for the speedy and full response. Yes, larger glitter particles would be FANTASTIC! They look so amazing close up and big, but you can't get them like that when you want a high rez image. Thanks again. You guys are wonderful and genious to boot.

Gallery
    View images

glitter size

Dear Bethanyem, i am not sure if this will help you,but,i tried seeing if i could make the glitter appear bigger,i put glitter on one side of the 800 canvas,then i made the canvas half the size to 400 and put the exact same size glitter on it on the other side, then i put the canvas back to normal 800 size, i did not change the size of the glitter at all for either side, just made the canvas smaller then bigger,will attach, i hope, what i did, it seems when the canvas is smaller the glitter is bigger , not sure i am explaining myself, maybe someone knows what i am saying, but the attached picture shows the exact same size glitter done on one canvas, only the canvas size changes,,,, whew!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for trying to help. I think I know what you mean. But I need my files to be 300dpi which means I can't use a small canvas size, and that's why I can't get my glitter big on the sized paper I need to get my higher resolution. But thanks!

Gallery
    View images
    Sorry Bethanyam, Good Luck!