ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Starry Night at Red Mountain

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Starry Night at Red Mountain

    an abstracted landscape with a starry night .. in some more remote parts of the world the stars are so thick and they go right down to the horizon... a scene not many of us have got to experience.. I hope you enjoy this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starry Night at Red Mtn.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	498.8 KB 
ID:	81172  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Torino
    Posts
    1,427
    Beautiful. It reminded my when I used to live in the countryside away from the big city lights and watching the milky way at night giving me the goosebumps...
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

    That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,035
    To me this is a very inspiring painting......Since I have some time off may talk someone into driving
    me to the country and do some star gazing on my own. The stars may not go right down to the horizon,
    but I've got a good imagination....I'll make do!
    Nicely done Gary...
    Take care friend,
    Steve

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,816
    Somewhat of a departure from your usual abstract style Gary, and I do like it very much.

    We do have stars that go to the horizon and I was out last night enjoying them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,462
    A different type of style for you Gary but none the less, another fantastic piece of art....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,570
    One of my favorites of your's Gary! Just fabulous. As an amateur astronimizer I could dig the concept of solid stars but alas, here in Iowa not so many. Great job!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes


  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    I don't know exactly how You got these exquisite textures, but I find this artpiece is as exquisite as an ancient Persian carpet!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,943
    Thats really cool, like it a lot
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

    My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Beautiful. It reminded my when I used to live in the countryside away from the big city lights and watching the milky way at night giving me the goosebumps...
    Thanks AndreaMG, I was in Central America out in the countryside of Honduras when I first saw just how many stars there are when there is no ambient light from cities to block them out.. I was blown away by the sight..

    Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    To me this is a very inspiring painting......Since I have some time off may talk someone into driving
    me to the country and do some star gazing on my own. The stars may not go right down to the horizon,
    but I've got a good imagination....I'll make do!
    Nicely done Gary...
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    thanks Steve glad to see your recovering nicely and have time and energy to get out to do a little stargazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Somewhat of a departure from your usual abstract style Gary, and I do like it very much.

    We do have stars that go to the horizon and I was out last night enjoying them.
    thanks Robyn, yes it is a bit different more of a normal landscape with the elements abstracted and designed glad you like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    A different type of style for you Gary but none the less, another fantastic piece of art....
    thank you kenmo..

    Quote Originally Posted by jibes View Post
    One of my favorites of your's Gary! Just fabulous. As an amateur astronimizer I could dig the concept of solid stars but alas, here in Iowa not so many. Great job!
    thanks Neal I would have thought out in farm country you would have a pretty fabulous view of night stars..

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I don't know exactly how You got these exquisite textures, but I find this artpiece is as exquisite as an ancient Persian carpet!
    Caesar, thanks and pleased by your comparison.

    Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    Thats really cool, like it a lot
    thanks a bunch Katie so happy you like this one. guess I was inspired by some of your recent beautifully textured backgrounds.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    But as old Framer Grandpappy used to say, two ears are better than one, Vincent. So no going completely native with your Starry Night. Spicy though. Looks like you sprinkled it with plenty of Oregonos.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •