ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help

Question Help

I'm new to artrage, I have the 3rd version. Anyways I just got it two days ago and I've been having the opposite problem that many people have. I have a transparent background, but i want the white one. I've been trying to figure it out for like hours and i couldn't finish two of my drawings because the background became transparent and everytime i saved it, it was just sort of black. i don't even know if this is the place to ask question.

Interesting... Normally, ArtRage will return to it's default canvas settings (which is originally an opaque white with a basic, low roughness, texture). So if you were to close and reopen the program, you should be brought back to those settings. If you've closed and reopened the program already and still have the transparent background, then it's likely you (or someone else) has set the "Default" canvas to be transparent (perhaps inadvertently). So let's see if you can't get the canvas to be white again, by following these steps:

1 - With ArtRage opened, select "View → Canvas Settings" to open the Canvas Settings Panel.

2 - On the panel, locate the "Opacity" slider and drag the knob so that the opacity is at 100%.

[INDENT]Note: You may also need to change the color of your canvas at this point. To do this, click on "Canvas Color" and use the panel to select the color you wish to have.

3 - When you're done, click the "X" tab to close the Canvas Settings Panel.

If the above worked, but you don't want the texture of the canvas to be present (sometimes useful for printing purposes), then reopen the Canvas Settings Panel (Step 1), locate the "Canvas Lighting" option (this may be a picture of a light bulb in ArtRage 3; I can't remember for sure) and turn it off. This will remove the 3d light rendering ArtRage uses. This will also affect how certain "thick" paint is displayed, however. If you find the need to keep the paint rendering intact, you may want to opt for leaving the Canvas Lighting on, and just reducing the Roughness option to 0%. Though this comes with a catch, as well, because the canvas will still get progressively darker from one corner to another (because the light is shining down from one side to the other). Which option is best for you, is up to you, but may also be why someone chose to go with making it transparent, to begin with, since printing with a transparent background would alleviate any issues it may have brought with having the lighting on while being opaque.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 05-23-2014 at 03:40 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks

Thank you It works, now ill be able to at least finish those drawings