Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenmo's Art - May 12, 2017

Ken. Screaming they took me to the dungeon's. Where I bash my head agains the wall

After that Ken POZDRAWSKI

Hey Ken, I love medieval scenes, great work.

Eighty++ - appreciate the comments...

Alexandra's - thanks kindly...

Wow Ken, I love "Journey from Desperation to Hope". It's really really good in many aspects. Fantastic mood.

Nice work again Ken, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

"Lady on a Bridge" -- Another digital illustration using Vue Complete 2014 and digital touchups using ArtRage... Color correction using Photoshop via plugin Topaz Adjust...

Hi Ken....Lady on a bridge is beautifully rendered, would like to see it a bit larger though. Also enjoyed viewing your
    art at your web site, cool renderings, paintings and pic's.
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Thanks kindly Steve...

Here's a bit bigger version. Click on the image to enlarge. Does this help?

Cheers

Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vue022 Lady on the BridgeKRM.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	81812  

Thanks Ken....

Really cool staging, though for me the girl is less interesting than that stunning environment. Maybe it means I'm getting older. . . But that's an amazingly dramatic and rather ornamental bridge. I saw an old anime a long time ago where they had a castle that was combined with more modern stuff as well and it had a particular modern fantasy flavor as a result. I had to look up the origins of the ribbed umbrella and it's anywhere between the 17-1800s depending on which umbrella you're considering the first of its kind. So for me, when I see a castle and a woman who looks somewhat Victorian, it's like getting 2 periods for the price of one and it creates an interesting mix. I'm sure that the Europeans would say "naturally". But it's all so removed from my present world and I go back in movies where they usually isolate it in a time and kinda hold to that with all their detailing. So when I see it mixed somewhat, it's a whole new thing for me, which I can appreciate.

If it were up to me, and depending on how much time you want to put into your rendering in touch up, all the trees on the right side of the river which are of varying distance from us are sort of blending together into a single undifferentiated mass, defying clarity of depth. Owing to overlap I can kind of figure out where stuff is, but I have to work at it. As such, you may want to consider grouping your depths and clarifying depth of field according to values, especially when they're the same kinds of trees with similar color leaves. Eg, the bigger close to us tree could have some light hitting it while the far segment on the other side of the bridge (still on the right) could have a different lighting or color or whatever. Owing to the complexity of the tree models you used, you would perhaps leave this one and when you do the next, try to light it in a way where it would separate somehow.

But that's just a small thing for all the juicy detail and elements in this great picture. What a terrific image. Really first rate, Kenmo. . .Bravo!
    Last edited by D Akey; 07-09-2014 at 08:46 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream