Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenmo's Art - May 12, 2017

Rotting on the Rocks

An old abandoned fishing dory lays decaying on the rocks of Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia. I created the illustration digitally using Photoshop CC 2021, ArtRage 6 & my trusty Wacom Intous 3 tablet & Windows 10 computer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rotting on the Rocks revised {2021}=KRM02.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	472.5 KB 
ID:	101561

Very nice keno, love the colours.

What a great painting Kenmo
    Loving both the colour pallet and the textures too
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Crash in the Desert

Late in the day as evening nears a futuristic fly car has to make an unexpected landing on an stretch of desert highway in the south western USA.
    I modeled the vehicle in Groboto3D and furthered detailed in the 3D sculpting app "3DCoat" which is a ZBrush type program. The rest of the image I used Photoshop CC & ArtRage 6.

Name:	p2553720339-5.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	407.2 KB 
ID:	101566

Great action in the space ship one. I can see a correlation between that and the boat you painted -- with the story for each in my mind -- both beached or soon to be.

I very much like both styles. I've always been a sucker for artsy approaches because I know how difficult it can be. So I admire the successes when I'm lucky enpough to stumble over them online or in the real world. As such, I really like your boat. There looks like a number of levels that got different treatments which engages me like a mystery.

And of course you've always been great at realism and vehicles with that space craft or futuristic advancement on Earth. The angle looks like the pilot is really wrestling with the controls to not crash. . . and he may well be losing. Good story in that too. Both offer that kind of pull to the viewer.

As to So. Calif. being one of the meccas for flashy rides, you bet it is. Used to see all kinds of vehicles that one film or TV production contracted for just driving down the street where I used to work long ago. I would often hear one of the guys sitting beside a window with a view of the street shout out a comment, and we would all rush over to see what trippy ride was going by. Some, like a super long stretch limo was low like a standard station wagon but as long and unbending as a bus but more in length like a semi with several axles to keep it from buckling and I marveled that anyone could navigate turns on the street. Might be fun on a trip to Vegas, but I imagine more for a show as a symbol of excess. Definitely a specialty vehicle that.

But now the auto trade shows often are centered around low riders with all the excess flashy bling. It's truly an art form.

Keep painting.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wow... I just found these custom brushes on this site and I am truly impressed with them. These are must haves and ArtRage's answer to Corel Painters 2021 heavy oil brushes.

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...rage-6-brushes

Using these brushes I was able to add the finishing touches to this illustration I've been working on and off for over a month or so...

The Fearful Child - Dedicated to all those children who live their lives in constant fear neglected by society and for the most part must forge for themselves. Victims not of of their own doing, who's future is uncertain and perhaps even bleak.

Society is blind, they dwell among us.

Name:	Artbreeder 06 The Fearful Child {2021}=KRM02.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	473.8 KB 
ID:	101572

many thanks to Confusionofconformity for sharing these outstanding brushes which I'm pointing to good use.

Abandoned in Stonehurst

Name:	Abandoned in Stonehurst 04 {2021}=KRM02.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	467.2 KB 
ID:	101588

I started this digital painting a couple of months ago and finally had the chance to finish it. Reference source was a digial photo I took summer 2020 in Stonehurst, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia.

Created completey digitally using Photoshop CC 2021, ArtRage 6, Wacom Intuos 3 tablet & stylus and my homebuilt Windows 10 desktop computer.

Really nice. Gives a nod to Van Gogh but it's got your own metallic, shimmering vibe to it all the while it's of an old vessel. It has a unique feel, but consistent with your other rotting boat painting regarding a look and feel. You've given it feel of cross genres between nostalgia as well as tricked out automobile finishes. Would hang nicely along side images of restored automobiles. Very much a success. Well done, Kenmo.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

The Bargain Shopper

Name:	The Bargain Shopper EDIT 2021=KRM02.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	389.1 KB 
ID:	101603

A lady while walking stops to inspect an office chair on display outside the open door of an used goods & items shop.

This is a 100% digital illustration I created using my Wacom Intuos 3 pen & tablet, Windows 10 home built computer, Photoshop CC 2021 & ArtRage 6.

ArtRage 6 ROCKS!!!!!!