Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenmo's Art - May 12, 2017

Reading HannahRage's comment in Painting with photos in this thread here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?53516-cloner

Got me thinking as I'm pretty active during the summer in landscape and automotive photography.

I thought I would try her suggestion on a couple of my photos.

To get the thick paint textures, paint underneath the imported image with thick oil paint, and it will show through above as brush strokes. Or you can paint directly into the imported layer with an empty (0% loading) Oil Brush or a palette knife.

A View of Bangor

Chruch steeples dominate the summer skyline of the quaint town of Bangor, Maine USA.

Digital illustration I created using Photoshop CC 2018, Topaz Studio Impression and ArtRage 5.0.

Reference was a digital photo I took in Bangor a few years ago. The distant birds I painted in.

Rural Church in Autumn Colors

A rural church in a peaceful rural setting is surrounded by the colors of autum foliage while over head seagulls are in flight

A digital illustration I created on my computer using my Wacom Intous tablet, Photoshop CC 2018, Topaz Studio Impression and ArtRage 5.0.

I used a very old 35mm photo I took many years ago and scanned it into my computer with my Epson photo scanner.

great work ken my mind is blown away ok CIAO SLAINTE

wow these turned out great especially the bottom one love the dramatic lighting and impressionistic color and brushwork.

Female Pike Guard - Warrior

As a youth I was a big fan of the art of Barry Windsor-Smith, especially his work on Marvel Comics Conan the Barbarian series and the literary fantasy works of Robert E Howard (Conan, King Kull, Solomon Kane).

Hi, dear Kenmo!

Your recent works after my long absence show a really stunning evolution and improvement of Your always remarkable skills!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Nice pike guard. Getting into 3D figures to enhance your other 3D work. Cool.

She has a look a little like she would exist very comfortably in the Mad Max universe.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Also wanted to note that I really like the town paintings. Like as if it has your own flair after lunch with Edward Hopper.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks kindly for the replies and views....

Evening Flight Over the City - another one of my comic book type digital illustrations using 3D elements. I modeled the spaceship in Groboto3D & 3D Coat. And 2D sketching (ArtRage 5.0). Photoshop was used for compositing, color adjustments and final touchup....

nice work Kenmo you have integrated the 3D into the city nicely... like the blues against the golden smog .

Cool. The future of the hotrod.