Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenmo's Art - May 12, 2017

What fun! Love experimenting with 3 and 2D. I really like that old Model T (?) in the winter scene. It fits with some of that the old time graphic arts treatment where we have a straight on side shot without perspective. It feels antique in a way, which is a very good thing when thinking of tradition.

Happy Newfoundland to you and a Merry Christmas as well.

(leastwise I think you're from Newfoundland. . . If not, you get the intention anyway.)

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Love your extreme cars, I wonder how can someone drive with that huge motor but there must be a way
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

D Akey - thanks for the kind words and comments. I live in Nova Scotia which is near to Newfoundland...

AndreaMG - Yeah, that huge motor would produce some blindspots... Image was meant to be more of a cartoon or "Hot Wheels" type of sketch....

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    AndreaMG - Yeah, that huge motor would produce some blindspots... Image was meant to be more of a cartoon or "Hot Wheels" type of sketch....
    Yeah of course, Vin used to drive one of those in F&F, unfortunately here in Italy traffic laws are very strict, I think I would be arrested if caught driving one of those, I remember when I was in California and looking at those bigfoots actually cruising around or cars with motorized suspensions made me a bit envious

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vin-diesel-car-fast-and-furious-1.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	88480
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Ha! I didn't realize you were a fellow F.A.S. HAMB'er Ken. Nice job on that Model A scene.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKingStudio View Post
    Ha! I didn't realize you were a fellow F.A.S. HAMB'er Ken. Nice job on that Model A scene.
    Thanks kindly....just posted two images to the weekly Friday Art show on the HAMB... How about...post anything to this week's show?

Cheers

Ken

I had to look up what HAMB stood for. Hahah. Funny.

Enjoying the ride. Go man go!!!!!!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Billy Bishop glances over his shoulder at the plumenting German plane he has just shot down while an approaching German pilot opens fire from above.

William Avery Bishop is credited with 72 victories in the air and was a Victoria Cross recipient of the First World War. He is considered Canada's top pilot of WWI.

In this illustration I have Bishop flying the French built Nieuport 17 with the top mounted Lewis machine gun. The Royal Flying Corps found the fuselage mounted Vickers guns to be unreliable and often had them omitted. The Vickers machine gun was synchronised to fire through the propeller.

Artrage, Painter & Photoshop used in this creation....

Cheers

ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FW58=Billy-Bishop {2016}=KRM02.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	89084  

It looks like a picture, but it couldn't be, since color aerial pictures didn't exist during IWW!

In that period our ace, Francesco Baracca (34 victories against Austrian pilots and shot down from an unexpected shooting from ground) flew a Nieuport too, a dash eleven though, we were building under licence then.
    I tell You this for a curiosity: the Ferrari prancing horse was actually exactly his personal arms painted on the plane and was resumed by Enzo Ferrari in his memory.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

wow great work on this Ken.... love it!...