Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenmo's Art - May 12, 2017

What a curious image! It's a little like Dumbo's Circus has fallen on lean times. And when they came to town, set up, but were unable to pay their nut, and they get thrown into debtors prison, he and his buddy the mouse. My guess is that they're going to bust out and fly away. His flappy ears look like they're still serviceable.

Took a lot of imagination, no doubt. I like the idea of using 3-D models to paint from. There's also the possibility of painting on them and manipulating them as well. I'm not quite sure what your process was on this, but I think the outcome is really nice and clear what's going on and thus making it about the story. And I know you have a great fondness for story-telling illustrators and painters. So I think on that level you've really reached it. Well done!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I remeber of the Tower of the Elephant and of Conan in an old Marvel Comix of decades ago. This is the funny, parodistic, contemporary version I guess ...LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Here is my base render (rendered in e-onsoftware's Vue)...

Cheers

Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prisoner_base-render.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	86196  
    Last edited by kenmo; 04-14-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Here is the prisoner whom I modeled from scratch in the free 3D sculpting software Sculptris [ http://pixologic.com/sculptris/ ] and then brought into Hexagon3D [see attached image] for a bit of detailing. More info on Hexagon3D ver 2.5 here. http://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-2-5-download-version

Currently selling for $19.95. despite it's low price it is a very capable 3D modeler but sadly has not be updated in at least 6 years causing frequently crashes in Windows 7. Not sure what the future will be for Hexagon3D.

Name:	Elephantman.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	86197  

You worked on it like with plasticine! Outstanding!

HI Ken I like your Bug but its beyond my Ken ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS

Grobo car - "Hot Rod of the Future"

I've been busy with my digital photography, I must have taken over 5,000 photos last spring, summer and fall. Not all of them keeps but I do shot in RAW meaning any keepers I have to process, so it is very time consuming. I thought I would give Lightroom & Photoshop a night off. So I fired up my old friend Artrage only to find out there is an update....YAY...

Grobo-car - My vision of a hot rod of the future powered by a clean energy source and has dual wheels in the rear, making it a 6 wheel vehicle.

A car which has performance and energy efficient. I created the car in Groboto which is a 3D modeling application. I then brought the base render into Artrage 4.5 where I painted over the image and applied a gradient. I used Photoshop for color correction and applied a texture to the background and added some noise to the car.

http://kenmo.fineartamerica.com/
    http://kenmo.zenfolio.com/

Name:	Grobo-car {2015}=KRM02.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	88211  

Cool stuff! Hahaha. I had not before seen the elephant with the spittoon -- or piss pot, or whatever. I can just hear it now with him rehearsing his speech on how he lost 200 pounds in 4 years, peppering it with <hock. . . spitooi. . .DING!> (USA Political humor as the elephant is the symbol of one of the major parties.)

Nice futuristic car. A couple 3D images coming into your thread - one whimsical, the other mechanical. Cool.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It looks like You updated Your Avatar ... LOL I like this drawing very much and its clean and neat style. I wonder if the background turned into orange muted tones may make the car further emerge.

Caesar, is this what you had in mind? I think you maybe onto something.... Cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HRA2_37_Grobo-car - variant {2015}=KRM02.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	88243