ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stylus

Stylus

What is the best stylus to use with art rage?

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Depends on the tablet you are using.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Oh. Unless you are talking about ArtRage 3 for the iPad. I recommend the pressure sensitive Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus and the Nomad Brush Compose. The Wacom is very accurate, the weight and balance is perfect, the build quality is second to none. It also comes with a case and extra tips. The tip is high quality and resists "mushing" like some of the other styli I've used. The Nomad is a real fibre brush and is non pressure sensitive. But, it is my favorite stylus. They have several models to choose from. I like this one because of it's long (like a real paint brush) body and the quality of the fibers are outstanding. It has phenomenal "feel" when painting with it. These are my two favorite tools and I recommend them to all my students.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

I use a sony viao duo 11 which uses n-trig technology and that works nicely for me, I hear the newer sony viao duo 13 works even better..so maybe you can thin of these kind of devices/tech.
    If you're interested to see what I have made check out: http://myartgal.webs.com/
    Last edited by Khos; 05-22-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Can i use that with a Bamboo tablet also???
    Found this on there webpage

What devices are compatible with the Nomad Brush?
    Our brushes will work on any capacitive touch screen device, including the iPad (all generations), iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, Galaxy, Kindle Fire and Surface.

*Not compatible with Wacom devices.

So now i know i can not use it;(
    Last edited by Rondo; 05-27-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Im thinking of going with the PenGo BrushPen. I have spent the past six hours or so watching you tube reviews and comparisons and other review sites....It is about $25 on amazon right now. I got AR4 for the iMac and the app for the iPad.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61Is839SNCL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	81185  

On a Windows PC I use a Wacom Intous 3 and very pleased with it....

If you do a search on stylus comparison. You should come up with a few places to look. There are so many.

I did a search a while ago, but there's no many new pens out there now that my search would probably be out of date. I use the stylus that came with my bamboo.