Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoann Lori - Caricatures and else

I'm amazed by the fact that you have found every color right, except for the primary yellow which is more of a yellow ochre in reality. The scan probably modified the colors slightly. Maybe I'll try to take a picture of the specific pencils I used for this portrait.

Quote Originally Posted by YoannLori View Post
    I'm amazed by the fact that you have found every color right, except for the primary yellow which is more of a yellow ochre in reality. The scan probably modified the colors slightly. Maybe I'll try to take a picture of the specific pencils I used for this portrait.
    Eheheh, thank You, dear Yoann. Actually that ochre looked perhaps a little more brilliant than expected. The possibility to look at Your pencils set is a most kind offer indeed. Caran d'Ache, peut-etre?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I used to have Caran D'Ache watercolor pencils and they were great ! There is still two Caran D'Ache in my set but the rest is Staedler. Not as good in my opinion. I'll get back to Caran D'Ache or maybe Faber Castell for my next set.

As promise here is a picture of every pencils I used for the portrait of my nephew. which colors I use the most seems pretty clear, isn't it ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watercolor_pencils_1200.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	89301

The next logical step for a concept artist is to use a digital medium like ArtRage to paint your traditional materials - perhaps a trompe l'oeil digital portrait painting, or caricature in your case, of those same pencils and some oil paints squeezed onto a palette. An 'homage' of sorts bringing it all full circle.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I used to have Caran D'Ache watercolor pencils and they were great ! There is still two Caran D'Ache in my set but the rest is Staedler. Not as good in my opinion. I'll get back to Caran D'Ache or maybe Faber Castell for my next set.

As promise here is a picture of every pencils I used for the portrait of my nephew. which colors I use the most seems pretty clear, isn't it ?

Name:	watercolor_pencils_1200.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	89301
    Thank You very much for the useful tips!

Michel Galabru

Back today with a caricature of a famous french actor who passed away on the 4th of january this year. Here is Michel Galabru.

Name:	Michel_Galabru_YoY_1200.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	89504

Back today with a caricature of a famous french actor who passed away on the 4th of january this year. Here is Michel Galabru.

May he rest in peace! In the meanwhile You certainly contributed to make him immortal with this unbelievably good caricature of him!

Impressive! Can't understand how you get the skinn look so real.

Thanks a lot Caesar, but he didn't need my caricature to become immortal. He already was.

Danny72 : time and patience is all you need !

Thanks a lot Caesar, but he didn't need my caricature to become immortal. He already was.

Danny72 : time and patience is all you need !
    I know! :-) I want to say,that it's great that you share your paintings with oss here,and on Facebook. That gives alot of inspiration to many others.