Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoann Lori - Caricatures and else

Yoann Lori - Caricatures and else

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum and think I should present myself. I'm a french man named Yoann Lori working full time in the video-game industry as an environment artist. It's an exciting job but this is not what I intended to do when I got out of Emile Cohl Art school in Lyon in 1997. I had a passion for caricatures and first drew them on paper with colored pencil. I now draw them on computer and did most of them in Photoshop. But I recently had a try on ArtRage and actually loved it. I just made one caricature with ArtRage for now but I promise there will be many others.

Enough with presentations ! Here is Sean Bean as Ned Stark in Game of Thrones. Drawn in about 4 hours.

I hope you'll like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sean_Bean_1200_500ko.jpg 
Views:	767 
Size:	264.1 KB 
ID:	80958  

Welcome Yoann! This is spectacular work. I love the rich texture of the lines and the rough character of the man shines through brilliantly.

I can't wait to see more!!

Thanks for your kind comment Robyn,

I'm still discovering the software but I feel that there is a lot that can be done with it.

A most warm welcome, dear YoannLori!
    Congratulation for this caricature and Your drawing ability. I'm in awe in front of such a show of professional mastery by a highly educated artist.
    As with other professional artists and very talented mates in here I'm honored to have You sharing your outcomes in here, where there are, as exhibitors, also amateur artists and doodlers like me. I haven't decided as yet (probably cannot decide) a preferred genre but, apart from painting, likes to draw and ends up with vignettes and caricatures for fun, so your drawing is sheer delight to me.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you so much Caesar for your warm welcome and comment !!!

I'm glad you liked my work.
    I draw since I was 6 and knew that I wanted it to be my job later. I was lucky to find a job in relation with drawing (even if it's just textures) but after a while, I felt that I had to go back to what I like the most. I always loved caricatures and it was in fact the subject I chose for my last year in art school. As for the genre you would like to choose, I would just say that there is non need to choose. Just do whatever you feel like doing.

I have made a video of the making of Sean Bean's but as I'm new I don't seem to be able to post it. I also wanted to put a link to my blog but this wasn't possible either. I will post all of this as soon as I can.

Yoann

Welcome to the forums and boy thats great. You are very talented
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Hi Yoanne Drawing from 6 you should be so lucky add a zero thats when I found I could Draw and I'm still not sure ok cut the cackle

your drawingis Fantastic ok a Question is it ok if I copy yae or nae ok welcome to the happy band here artrage'rs SLAINTE KIA ORA

coops : Thank you very much for your comment !

eighty+ : Yes, I've been lucky to know what I wanted to do at an early age an even more lucky to live the dream. Thanks for enjoying my work ! Now about the copy I'm afraid I didn't get what it was all about. I'd be happy to answer if I know exactly what you want to do. Sorry but my english is pretty basic and I sometimes don't get specific expressions.

Fantastic work Yoann and welcome.......Great detailing and texturing! Absolutely love this image and looking forward to seeing more of your work.
    I am still fascinated with 'GOT' because its such a great series even into the fouth season!
    Take care Yoann,
    Steve

Gallery:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...(Thank-you-all!)
    Workshop:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...avorite-models
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 05-18-2014 at 02:16 AM.

Great work