Thread: Children's Book Cover

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Children's Book Cover

New Member to the forum but have been using Artrage for a for almost a year or so now. There are so many talented artists on here it's very impressive.
    I'll never be able to do the technical realism art some of you members do. I'm in awe of the talent some of you have. My talent seems to be in the more cartoony/cutesy category.

So having said all that, I used AR to illustrate a children's book last year and am working on illustrating a new one this year, so I thought I'd share the first one I did last year. (It's available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble just in case anyone should be interested) But anyhoo...I just wanted to show another aspect of Artrage for us who do the simpler styles.

This one was done with the watercolor brush and pencil even tho I didn't go for watercolor in the traditional sense. I discussed it with the author and decided that the illustrations would be simplistic almost like a child had drawn them. Not a ton of detail and complicated shading. Turned out pretty cute.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teddy Bear Cover.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	80931  
    Last edited by Whimsical86; 05-13-2014 at 06:57 PM.