ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Not working properly on Macbook Pro

Question Not working properly on Macbook Pro

I just installed Art Rage Studio which I got with my tablet and it's not working properly.

PROBLEM:
    Whatever I draw will only show on screen AFTER i switch pens
    The same happens if I try to switch colours. The new one will only be effective if I change the pen.
    Also, the cursor does not show while I'm drawing.

SYSTEM:
    Tablet: Intuous PT S (Wacom)
    MacBook Pro
    OS X 10.9.2

The tablet works fine with photoshop.
    What's the problem and how do I solve it?

Thanks,

M

It sounds like you just need to download the latest update for Mavericks. You can do this by registering your serial number at members.artrage.com

There is more information about the bug here:
    http://www.artrage.com/faqs/artrage-mavericks-issues/

And registering in the Members Area here:
    http://www.artrage.com/faqs/register-artrage/
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Locating ArtRage S/N downloaded from Wacom Intous.

Can you please tell me how to find my Artrage S/N that I downloaded from one of Wacom Intous tablets.
    Since I have The latest Mac book Pro I believe I will need that to register and download something else, I have a long delay on your software which has cause me to uninstall and reinstall, I was about to return the unit until I came across this forum. I have the s/n from Wacom tablet but I'm don't think thats need for my problem. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamika View Post
    Can you please tell me how to find my Artrage S/N that I downloaded from one of Wacom Intous tablets.
    Since I have The latest Mac book Pro I believe I will need that to register and download something else, I have a long delay on your software which has cause me to uninstall and reinstall, I was about to return the unit until I came across this forum. I have the s/n from Wacom tablet but I'm don't think thats need for my problem. Help!
    Hi Tamika,

If you are experiencing lags, then it does sound like you need the latest update (I'm assuming that you have Studio or Studio Pro; this isn't relevant to ArtRage 2.6).

Did you receive an ArtRage serial number from Wacom? This would be the number that you entered to 'unlock' ArtRage when installing it. We can't look these up for you, but I can tell you where to look.

• If ArtRage is currently installed, then just go to Help > Change Serial Number
    • If it isn't installed, then have a look at the FAQ here for instructions on locating it (Wacom is the second tab from the left) http://www.artrage.com/faqs/lost-registration-key/

If that still doesn't help, let me know (you can also contact us directly at support@artrage.com )

I am having the exact same difficulties, I just downloaded it through Wacom and it is already v.3.5.11. I am running on Mac OSX Mavericks v10.9.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    I am having the exact same difficulties, I just downloaded it through Wacom and it is already v.3.5.11. I am running on Mac OSX Mavericks v10.9.3.
    Would you mind doublechecking that for me? Wacom doesn't always have the most recent version on their server, unfortunately.

Go to Help > About ArtRage and look for the version number in the top right corner.
    Name:  A3 version no.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  49.6 KB

If it IS 3.5.11, then can you contact us at support@artrage.com as we may have to do some troubleshooting with you.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Would you mind doublechecking that for me? Wacom doesn't always have the most recent version on their server, unfortunately.
    Ah this worked, sorry about that. When I registered here and input my serial number and was told I had 3.5.11 registered I assumed that I had that version downloaded. I also couldn't find the about button, and would recommend that you consider placing it as well as the preferences button under the ArtRage Studio button in order to be consistent with where Mac applications usually place it.
    That said the version number is given every time you start up ArtRage Studio so I really should've been more observant :P
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Ah, that looks like you are using the Mac menu options, rather than the ArtRage ones. Have a look within ArtRage for its menus.
    (Another way to bring up the about screen is "ctrl + 1").

Glad to hear that you figured it out!

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Ah, that looks like you are using the Mac menu options, rather than the ArtRage ones. Have a look within ArtRage for its menus.
    There is another set of menu options? This is all I see: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	81693

Anyways, everything is working well now and I'm excited to start using ArtRage I just thought I would suggest considering moving the about info and the preferences from the Help and Edit tabs to the ArtRage tab since that is how in my experience all Mac Apps have been structured. Thanks for help!

Oh, drat, sorry. Ignore me, I'm 90% a Windows user and I didn't check before answering - I thought you were saying you couldn't find it in the top level menus at all.