ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Mountain Skies

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Mountain Skies

    another landscape inspired abstract, or atleast not literal interpretation... hope you enjoy Mountain Skies
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mountain Skies.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	498.7 KB 
ID:	80881  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Matthews , NC
    Posts
    2,372

    What a colorful town and landscape!

    It must be great fun to do. Very freeing!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,818
    It must be great fun indeed Gary! You are so prolific and creative. Another vibrant painting to lighten up our day ..... yes, it's grey and raining outside!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Huntsville, On., Canada
    Posts
    5,356
    Wonderfully bright and sunshiny , Gary

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ravenna- Italy
    Posts
    2,548
    I see many constellations in this mountain...nebulae, galaxies, moons and fish
    all very cheerful and summery
    Silvia Bandini

    Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    It must be great fun to do. Very freeing!
    thank you Marilyn Anne, it was fun and painting it put me in a great mood. Happy Mother's Day..

    Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    It must be great fun indeed Gary! You are so prolific and creative. Another vibrant painting to lighten up our day ..... yes, it's grey and raining outside!
    thanks Robyn, I didn't think it was ever grey and rainy where you live... actually it is the same here today.... Happy Mother's day

    Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Wonderfully bright and sunshiny , Gary
    many thanks justjean... and Happy Mothers Day

    Quote Originally Posted by silvy View Post
    I see many constellations in this mountain...nebulae, galaxies, moons and fish
    all very cheerful and summery
    in the details as in the universe... so happy to have you stop by... Happy Mother's Day...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Oh man are you zeroing in. Super-dooper technique and design. Great variety. Excellent visual vocabulary. For your own sake, collect consciously all the things that make this work and make notes to yourself, just so none of it gets lost and you have a super solid base to work out of. For me one of the things it does is that it's getting out of that computer graphic flatness (personal preference) which carried a rather plastic or Warhol graphic print patina. This feels more natural, though lavishly indulged. I love the swirls.

    My personal idea about computer art (in general) is that when some things look mechanical and the picture is not an indulgence of those tools per say, it is a little risky to where it takes on a facile air. And that has a tendency to be held back by the assistance that the computer offers. It reminds me of when computers could only manage a few bytes of information at a time and things going over an old modem had to be small file sizes. That was a major frustration for me when for years I was hamstrung by flatness and simplicity. That's why I have a personal aversion to those looks that others may not share. So take my prejudices with a grain of salt.

    But. . . this is the opposite. I don't at all feel constricted. It feels like the treasure trove is found and you have great wealth to do with as you will -- sort of winning the lottery and one's life changes on the spot.

    Anyway, I think this is my favorite of yours and shows tremendous promise as a direction.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    China
    Posts
    7,498
    So many to see in your colorful abstract especially this mountain skies. Imagine myself walking in your painting. It's an delightful place

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14,335

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Oh man are you zeroing in. Super-dooper technique and design. Great variety. Excellent visual vocabulary. For your own sake, collect consciously all the things that make this work and make notes to yourself, just so none of it gets lost and you have a super solid base to work out of. For me one of the things it does is that it's getting out of that computer graphic flatness (personal preference) which carried a rather plastic or Warhol graphic print patina. This feels more natural, though lavishly indulged. I love the swirls.

    My personal idea about computer art (in general) is that when some things look mechanical and the picture is not an indulgence of those tools per say, it is a little risky to where it takes on a facile air. And that has a tendency to be held back by the assistance that the computer offers. It reminds me of when computers could only manage a few bytes of information at a time and things going over an old modem had to be small file sizes. That was a major frustration for me when for years I was hamstrung by flatness and simplicity. That's why I have a personal aversion to those looks that others may not share. So take my prejudices with a grain of salt.

    But. . . this is the opposite. I don't at all feel constricted. It feels like the treasure trove is found and you have great wealth to do with as you will -- sort of winning the lottery and one's life changes on the spot.

    Anyway, I think this is my favorite of yours and shows tremendous promise as a direction.
    Thank you very much DAkey for your elaboration on why you like this! I feel like I am/have developed the visual vocabulary and can paint and move within it with a certain freedom. I am beginning to see what you mean about the graphic flatness I think before computers that would have been some kind of artistic statement but with computers is it the fact of the unadorned painting and shows little effort or thought. while the computer prints ( like printing this one ) will be flat the color and apparent textures and brush movements give it a richer experience for the viewer... thanks again for your thought provoking comments.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •