ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Using Inklet and Pogo Sketch with AR on a Macbook Pro

Using Inklet and Pogo Sketch with AR on a Macbook Pro

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone uses the above combination successfully? Macbook Pro 5.5, Mavericks 10.9.2, Art Rage 4.

I bought AR4 a few months back and was very excited about what it does and had some considerable fun, but very quickly realised the limitations of using trackpad/finger. Became frustrated as I couldn't create to the level of accuracy I wanted to, so gave up.

Couple of weeks ago I heard about Inklet and a Pogo Sketch stylus and was sufficiently persuaded by the reviews I read to buy it. Considerably easier on the pocket than buying an iPad, and seemed a practical solution.

I cannot make any sense at all from inklet online help or a video, or forums how to use it within AR. There's a small white screen which appears into which I imagine I must enter something - but how then to integrate that into current canvas/work... or vice-versa - how to draw in AR using the stylus?!

Sorry if this seems a really technically numpty question (I am a technical numpty...) that my well have an incredibly simple answer from someone who knows, but have searched here too but only reference I can find is way back from when inklet was first around.

Thanks in advance of any help.

Hi Jenni and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Well I must say it's been a long time since I've used Inklet but maybe this short video will help a bit.
    http://youtu.be/zf3QcrRe6MQ
    Last edited by markw; 03-19-2015 at 11:43 PM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I cannot make any sense at all from inklet online help or a video, or forums how to use it within AR. There's a small white screen which appears into which I imagine I must enter something - but how then to integrate that into current canvas/work... or vice-versa - how to draw in AR using the stylus?!

I've never used Inklet, however, the white screen is the "active area". If you start drawing on your trackpad, that represents the area of your trackpad, and your drawing should appear there. Think of it as a highlight on your screen to show you where the drawing will be.

This video is a helpful walkthrough for using and resizing the active area (Photoshop, but it doesn't really matter for the purposes of this) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KVFmE8la6w

There is also an official FAQ here: https://tenonedesign.com/inklet_help...gettingstarted

Edit: Or you can just look at markw's video
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Thank you both for your swift replies - and an especially warm thank you to you Mark for the brilliant demo which explained it perfectly - I am very grateful.

Bit worried though about your final comment, I think it'll be a while before I'm brave enough to share anything I've done!!!!! There's some incredibly professional work here, beautiful to look at but quite daunting...

Thank you once again.