ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frosty Morning

Frosty Morning

One of the songs sang by ( R.I.P.)Ronnie James Dio from the band "Rainbow" had words in it like the image you see......."In a cold and misty morning"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frosty Morning.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	80837  

Very evocative image!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wow...very nice indeed....love the atmosphere you've created....

What a great image. I like the combination where you took a photo and added your drawing to it. It brings the focus to the message as if you were wanting to be precise about the theme.

I had to look up Dio. Black Sabbath after Ozzie and lots of other groups as well. Pretty theatrical and interesting in a dark way. I never knew he was the one credited with the devil horn symbol with the fingers. (It's also the hand sign for the Texas Longhorns college I think. Always wondered what they thought of that usurping the symbol down in the Bible belt.) Anyway, that's quite a mark on musical history he made. I listened to "Rainbow in the Dark". A very complex metaphor.

Anyway, this picture symbolizes for me the walk away from life -- analogous to the ferry ride in Greek myth which takes you to the isle of the dead. And then there's a line or two from the very different style from Dio's by Cat Stevens from his song "Into White". "And everything's emptying into white. . ." which I took for the myriad meanings available from that lyric line.

Okay, so I'm rambling. This is a very fine image. Very strong. Great atmosphere and palette for your thematic intention (I assume).
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A beautiful yet eerie image.
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

thank you all so much for the wonderful comments always a pleasure.When i was busy making the image i tough first at the many cold moments i had to endure while riding my bike going to work, i was under 20 thenmore then ones i kissed the hard frozen and icy asphalt (happily i never broke a bone,lol.
    And toward the end of the image these few words pop up in my head as the image toke the way of cold and misty........

PS,happy are the ones with vivid imagination and be able to express it in different ways

Makes me shiver just looking at it. We get a lot of mist up here, with clouds hanging over us, and your painting reminds me of the stillness, and the cold.

Oh, I love this Rondo. So dreamy. And I like your color palette. You're in a roll ! Go ! Go ! Go ! More !

I just feel that this is such a wonderful portrayal of a cold frosty morning. I remember mornings like this many years ago and it brings back memories of the briskness and the crispness. Beautiful.

It is misty

And very nicely done!