ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Z3

Z3

I know we've got some character designers and animators here. Have you guys seen Pixologic's ZBrush 3 (Z3, a free upgrade!) announcement?

You've gotta check out the video:
    http://zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=042491

*drool*

.g

Gee, justG. . .

It all looks so fast and easy. I wonder what the skill level one needs to do that stuff.

Do you buy the preformed models that seem to be well beyond "primitives", but thereafter manipulate them to a fair-thee-well?

(All wondering aloud to no particular end since I doubt I'll go that route.) But it all looked like manipulation and dressing rather than creation. Is that fair to say?

Like in programming, no more re-inventing the wheel, I guess.

But I'm very impressed. And I would have to get a copy of ZBrush if I were getting into the 3D business as an artist. That was just too interesting and filled with promise.

Thanks. 8) 8) 8)

Re: Z3

Quote Originally Posted by justG
    I know we've got some character designers and animators here. Have you guys seen Pixologic's ZBrush 3 (Z3, a free upgrade!) announcement?

You've gotta check out the video:
    http://zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=042491

*drool*

.g
    See also it's competitor-Mudbox

https://mudbox3d.com/index.html

Far easier to use interface, true 3D digital sculpting. Have a look at some of the creations in the gallery. Mudbox was started by people from Weta (LOTR,etc.) and it shows. Try the demo just to see what's cookin'.

:-)

@ D Akey: No, you're absolutely starting from scratch in ZBrush (using primitives - spheres, cubes, cylinders, etc.). It's a sophisticated 3D "sculpting" tool, a top drawer modeler; it's definitely not like DAZ|Studio or Poser in which people do mostly manipulate pre-fab models.

@ Improv: Ya, I've heard of it, but have yet to look into it. I came across another today that's in free beta: CB Model Pro. I downloaded it to try, even though the UI, from what I can see, looks rather.. er, hideous.

I'm hoping that if I babble about it enough, TeamRage will seriously consider entering the 3D realm with a complementary prosumer-level product. =]

Tempt me... tempt me...
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Those programs seem to not care too much for my poor Mac non-Intel computer.

That pretty much tanks it for me.

I may be wrong, but it seems that the front these programs put up is in large part thanks to the level of artist using the product.

Both zbrush and mudbox look like they have some pretty hot artists turning the crank. Blows me away with the quality.

CB model pro. . . well. . . maybe it's a deficiency in the program since it's still in beta. Heart's in the right place though.

Maybe one day I wil try a bit of 3D stuff........

especially if its intuative modelling like ArtRAge :wink:
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

I'm hoping that if I babble about it enough, TeamRage will seriously consider entering the 3D realm with a complementary prosumer-level product. =]
    Go for it justG ! (say things like: "how hard can it be ? " )

This would be the best of it all, an artrage suite, 3d and paint all in one !
    Make a 3D model, and texture it in artrage paint program.
    (prolly won't sleep for dayzz...... :? ) I'd start making 3D caricatures right away !
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    Tempt me... tempt me...
    The Mudbox guys are in NZ like you ArtRagers-you probably know them already! :-)

Say hi to Tibour! :-)

@ Improv: Ya, I've heard of it, but have yet to look into it. I came across another today that's in free beta: CB Model Pro. I downloaded it to try, even though the UI, from what I can see, looks rather.. er, hideous.
    Thanks for the link-I'll check it out. I found a new 3d program in beta that is very user oriented (not programmer oriented) that looks promising:

MoI3d:

" MoI (Moment of Inspiration) is a new 3D modeling/CAD program for designers and artists.

Offering a blend of precision and freeform drawing tools, it sports a unique user interface that operates seamlessly with a pen tablet (a mouse is also supported). "

http://www.moi3d.com/