ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How do I share stickers/brushes?

How do I share stickers/brushes?

Wanting to know how to share stickers/brushes. I suppose if I knew where the user resources were stored I could upload them to a file sharing site and link them. If I remember right a person can create a .exe that will install anything I want it to. How do I go about doing that? I've created a lot of brushes, stencils, and a couple of color pallets and was wanting to share them as many of them have come in very useful for me. I've also got some experimental stuff that really I havent found a use for yet but that doesn't mean you wont.

Thank you.
    Last edited by CMDesign; 05-07-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Well, it depends on what you are sharing. The easiest way is to create a package file (that's probably the ".exe" file you were thinking of).

Go to File > Create Package File and then follow the steps.

There's a tutorial here explaining, but it's pretty straightforward. You can organise your resources anyway you like, and create multiple package files.
    http://artrage.deviantart.com/art/Cr...Rage-418029047

Once you have packaged up your chosen selection of resources, upload it somewhere. DeviantART is a good place, as it also lets me collect your resources in the ArtRage group (which really needs more!), and allows other people to find it easily. But if you want more control over the distribution, then you should look into file sharing sites like Dropbox. You can also upload files directly to the forum as attachments.

If you do upload to DeviantART, I highly recommend creating a preview image so that people can see the resources you are offering before they download it ("Squiggly Brush #654" isn't particularly helpful, after all).

The other way is to find your user content folder and copy the files directly. This will require people to copy the files into the right places at the other end, rather than automatically installing anything.

• You can access ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro user content by going to Tools -> User Content -> Open User Content Folder.
    • You can access ArtRage 4 user content by going to My Documents > ArtRage Paintings > Custom Content
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Well, it depends on what you are sharing. The easiest way is to create a package file (that's probably the ".exe" file you were thinking of).

Go to File > Create Package File and then follow the steps.

There's a tutorial here explaining, but it's pretty straightforward. You can organise your resources anyway you like, and create multiple package files.
    http://artrage.deviantart.com/art/Cr...Rage-418029047

Once you have packaged up your chosen selection of resources, upload it somewhere. DeviantART is a good place, as it also lets me collect your resources in the ArtRage group (which really needs more!), and allows other people to find it easily. But if you want more control over the distribution, then you should look into file sharing sites like Dropbox. You can also upload files directly to the forum as attachments.

If you do upload to DeviantART, I highly recommend creating a preview image so that people can see the resources you are offering before they download it ("Squiggly Brush #654" isn't particularly helpful, after all).

The other way is to find your user content folder and copy the files directly. This will require people to copy the files into the right places at the other end, rather than automatically installing anything.

• You can access ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro user content by going to Tools -> User Content -> Open User Content Folder.
    • You can access ArtRage 4 user content by going to My Documents > ArtRage Paintings > Custom Content
    Thank you for this very helpful reply. I am going to start a thread on here for pretty much everything. I'll just update it over time. Probably just attach an arpack with a few brushes at the moment til I get everything organized. I will upload to DeviantArt later. Not real familiar with how to do everything on there. Havent been a member for very long.

Hi HannahRage,

Thanks for sharing this useful information. It is very useful for me.