ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Favourite Model

My Favourite Model

I just love this beautiful dog......

Attachment 80786

corr Robbie smashing looks like a water colour KIA ORA

Corrrrr Eighty, thanks for that! It was fun to do!

A quite elongated one indeed! Excellent execution and expressivity!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks Caesar! Borzois do have the most impossibly long noses.

Oh that really catches my eye - you knew it would didn't you. A lovely sketch without too many lines and the painting is so soft and loose. A great example of what I would love to be able to do - I will refer back to this for pointers when I try pen and wash again. You have captured her expression with just a few lines and brush strokes. Wonderful!

I agree with Enug. Brilliant. Elegant. Fullness through economy, and therein lies the essence of pen and wash. Really well done. Bet you could have done this with your eyes closed because of your familiarity with the look of these beasties.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Robyn, you are really excelling in the watercolor technique and pen and ink wash very loose yet the accuracy of the drawing makes for a super painting...

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Beautiful. Hope you are printing these on cards!

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Thank you Victor! I hadn't chosen this one particularly, but I am going to do some Borzoi cards, just for the breed fanatics. Maybe this one will be put in the mix as well.

Gary, yes, Mr Akey and Enug challenged me to do a more realistic WC technique, and I loved doing this one. Just a little rough and grungy is nice.

Mr Akey, I do know this dog's features so well, as I marvel at her gorgeous face every day. She is being shown in 2 weeks time, and the experts want her in the Best Head category.

Of course, as I write this, she is banging around wrestling hard with the poodle, and crashing regularly into my chair. Poor Zara!

Enug, I did 'know that'! Looking forward to your next one.