ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Passing time

Passing time

A bit of time on my hands......got rid of it done in pencil
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Personal integrity despite the world -- rather heroic if you ask me . . . several things come to mind looking as I personalize this.

It seems a very introspective image which seems as if the tree exists in the world but the world is frozen and unresponsive and does not respond to the color and full life it exudes -- almost as if inside a glass dome, which I see the hint of -- a protection which allows life to flourish inside like a space suit or biosphere.

Emotionally, on the human, less symbolic side, this reminds me of a couple of songs that I remember from my youth. This picture seems to voice a feeling common to many of us at one time or the other. I often heard a tone in the lyrics of Paul Simon that is surprising to me because his music and sound is so beautiful, yet when I began learning the songs to sing on my guitar, I realized that many of his songs have a bittersweet, melancholic character.

I picked this version because the hit we hear on the records has more instruments and a fuller, more social sound. This version is a little more lonely which is the tone I'm referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My9I8q-iJCI

I had no idea until I went and looked at this on YouTube just now that this was written by Paul McCartney. Wow. I would have expected John more likely to go to this alienated. But it is beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0UJs4_FMXY
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

How much it pleases me to read you words that brings forward what you see in the imagealways a pleasure.You must have seen beyond the image of your eyes to hear the songs you gracefully have put the links, i thank you D Akey for your wonderful comment.

A sort of very evocative combine. Intriguing and extraordinary!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very expressive one. Like a reflection of life when I see that mountain and then seems like nourishing by the nature