ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Unbelievable

Unbelievable

As i participated in the "tree contest", i was cruising the Deviantart pages and saw the new contest for this month..."Landscapes"
    My good heavens........i have seen some examples of landscapes done in Artrage !!!!!!!!! just UNBELIEVABLE.
    I taught first to join also this "competition",lol, but after seen these artworks????? i have my doubt.

the self is the cruelest jury, is it not? is the most case of artists (and wannabes as well)... just let yourself in the good care of the Muse :-)
    I'm the happiest man in the world. I just don't know this, yet.

my gallery: http://members.artrage.com/gallery/32810

I couldn't find what you saw, Rondo.

But as to comparing yourself to the world, it's never flattering. . . ever. Take it from one who knows. Ever wonder why so many artists come off as arrogant? It's not because they think themselves better. It's because they know they could get swallowed up in the vastness in a blink and never be heard of again. And they want to posture a stature that they hope convinces people they are who they want to be. And this goes for the very best artists as well. On some level everybody is at least somewhat insecure.

And as to judges, they have their own tastes and prejudices and opinions. They are individuals with their own strengths and weaknesses. . . and people they like. Whenever they pass judgement, they are thinking (in part) what are people thinking of me? Will they think my taste sucks? Am I too pedestrian? Too esoteric? Where am I going to go look for my next job and how will the exposure of my taste play with them? Will the person hiring agree with my taste? How can I do this and bolster my esteem in the art community? Will I get in the club?

So look at all that as a resource for you, personally. When you see something you like, figure out how they did it and work to pick up some of those chops.

Meanwhile, Orkhan is exactly right -- it's between you and the Muse. Woo her and she'll love you for it. You're free now. Enjoy it and go for the gold (whatever that means to you).

For what it's worth, I have been really liking your latest works -- a lot. You've made a great jump. Keep jumping and looking for those personal victories you have all the time. And you can put it out there into the world whenever. And just know it's a crap shoot anytime you do.
    Last edited by D Akey; 05-04-2014 at 07:30 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Dear D Akey, i have read you comment with interest and thank you for it
    Here is the link to that page......enjoy
    http://www.deviantart.com/journal/Ar...ture-451513065

There will always be someone better than us, and it is so obvious with examples freely available on the net. You've got to love what you do and enjoy it for that reason first, not to compete against others.

Your enthusiasm for experimentation is an inspiration to others, I'm sure, and I always look forward to seeing your next work. Keep at it!

I know putting myself in doubt was not my intention believe me, i was merely proclaiming the art found at the site created with this Program! I'm not a artist by all means...(but what is by definition "Art" and "Artist"?),lets say? a creative person now and then
    Believe me when i feel the need to do "something"? i surely will put myself in front of my little Bamboo and let come out what ever is inside at the moment.......
    Thank you fellow creative people for your comments