ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carmen on Show

Carmen on Show

I was honoured to be invited to be a judge at the KCC (Victorian) Canine Art Museum Art Show in December. Trying to find a suitable example of my past work, I came across this commissioned portrait in oils. It was photographed just before it was finished, with only a few details left to do, so I was able to tidy it up in Art Rage. It was really interesting to try and emulate natural oil painting, and found the Air Brush tool very useful.

This dog was very black and I tried to play on that by making the surrounds a little moody too. The house belonged to the owner.

Attachment 80731

amazing dog ... amazing painting... you really captured the dark sheen of the dogs fur and texture as well....

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    OMG! She's a beauty.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Great painting of a beautiful dog

Thank you Jean, Victor and Gary. She's actually the grandmother of my Zara, and an Australian Champion, beautiful, but a bit of a moody girl.

The dog sure is sure beautiful but I also like a lot the garden and the house. Welcome back
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Thank you Andrea, yes I'm getting there!

Now that really is a picture. Should be on a box of chocs. Beautifully done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

If they were ever to use guard dogs at Buckingham Palace, this would be how they would be outfitted. Just get them a little red doggie set of trousers and we're off. Better yet, The Black Watch, what with this outfit sort of begging to put on the kilts. Plus that's a rather good go at a canine sporran.

Nice painting. I'm sure they were well pleased with it. You even threw in their house into the portrait.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Ha ha Mr Akey!

Yes, the outfit is rather outlandish.

When we got our first Standard Poodle, which was given to us, he came straight from the show ring with all the pom poms, etc. My macho partner called him Elvis and refused to be seen with him in our local country town, saying he'd 'bare his bum in Bourke St (Melbourne) before he did that'! I bet him $100 if he would walk him down the main street, but he never cashed in.