ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Synthetic Rain

Synthetic Rain

if it would only rain rainbow drops!... this was a lot of work but I like the end result and I hope you do as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Synthetic Rain.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	521.7 KB 
ID:	80730  

Makes me think of rain after a bushfire Gary! I love all your scribbly black lines that tie it all together. Terrific!

Even in the most industrial/urbanized/tech space there's always something sparkly and beautiful if you just look closer and in you painting I see it in those colorful confetti. Bravo!
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Makes me think of rain after a bushfire Gary! I love all your scribbly black lines that tie it all together. Terrific!
    thanks Robyn, I was working with grays and blacks and only hints of color so it does have a quality of burnt and blackened trees and landscape, or a blighted urban land as AndreaMG sees.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Even in the most industrial/urbanized/tech space there's always something sparkly and beautiful if you just look closer and in you painting I see it in those colorful confetti. Bravo!
    thanks Andrea this was an experiment with a more somber color set but added the confetti "rain" at the last step....

The image is like looking into a chemical reaction with the atoms restructuring to form new compounds.

I suppose that's what you're doing artistically in a way. And this is something of a process painting. Cool. Wonder what the new compound will look like. . . or is it all about the dynamic moment of change?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Your painting kind of makes me think of the beautiful colours of the reef and what happens to them, and it, when a very strong current breezes through.

vandra and D Akey, thanks for stopping by and commenting, you both have interesting interpretations from this, that what makes abstracts interesting to me, they can open up such different worlds for each viewer....

Interesting! I hope one day to see a video of you making one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by hildee View Post
    Interesting! I hope one day to see a video of you making one of these.
    Indeed. That would be excellent!

Gary, an interesting rain, makes me think of all the chemicals that we are putting into our world