ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problem Painting Diagonally

Problem Painting Diagonally

I made an india ink copy of a picture and converted it to a stencil ....I wanted to paint in all of the details myself (not that I am very good with painting) but while trying to 'paint' a building's siding with a small brush, instead of following the angle down, the paint continued on horizontally -- see cursor and where the paint is on the building in this screen shot. It also happened on the other smaller diagonal -- I had to use spots to continue down. Is there a fix for this coming any time soon? I've never experienced anything like it in AR2. I'm using AR4 with the latest update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR 4 Glitch.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	80704  
    Last edited by Lew; 04-27-2014 at 01:13 PM.
    “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

No one else with this problem? I could correct it a little by moving the picture around, only the glitch would show up somewhere else.

I used AR2 to finish my lil project. (though the blue road will become a brown dirt road)...lately I have been making a few landmark scenes look like this using AR and PS filters.
    Just a little fun for a newly retired guy to pass the time. Maybe now I can really learn how to paint......

Name:	Lighthouse 5.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	80705  
    Last edited by Lew; 04-27-2014 at 01:27 PM.

It looks like the edge of a ruler has been followed by the paint stroke but that edge is not where you expected it to be. From what you say it sounds like the paint stroke was made when there was a stencil visible? If so, do you have the stencil available to make a new screenshot that has it shown?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

All of the 'painting' began after I hid the main stencil. A ruler was used to make a water/sky line straight but it was removed after I painted the sky (I made my own sky background) the only other ruler was on the right side of the picture to stop spill over (the square, using the left side not the right). I am not able to make another screen shot because I have finished it and would have to start another one.

If I moved the picture the horizontal line would be in a different place. I could also come from below and come up to that same error.
    I will start another one and see what happens. This is the stencil I made. As you can see the ruler would have had to be very thin to cause that.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lew; 04-27-2014 at 01:12 PM.

I did find another file when I moved it to AR 2 --- it shows the ruler where it was where the water/sky line was made before I hid it

Name:	ar2sc.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	80713  

My next one did not have any problems painting diagonally but there weren't many diagonal lines
    Does hiding a stencil cause any problems as opposed to removing it?
    If I find it happening again I will have more info, I'm taking screen shots before I start now....

Lew