ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: iPAD HAS NO MAKE SELECTION OPTION OR TOOL???

Exclamation iPAD HAS NO MAKE SELECTION OPTION OR TOOL???

+ NO MAKE SELECTION OPTION OR TOOL???

I've installed on my iPad 3. (Have used on windows previously)

There is NO tool or option that I see on the iPad version that allows making a selection. (that was visible in the tool menu on Windows, but not on the iPad)

How do I make a selection (marque or "magic wand") on my iPad?

PLEASE ADVISE - - -
    thank you

(YES - I DID CONTACT SUPPORT)

There are no selection tools on the iPad app version of ArtRage. If you want a section of a particular area, you'll have to duplicate the layer it on and erase away the parts of it you don't need.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    I do a lot of my ArtRage work on the iPad and found that working in layers the best option for me. I use "transparency lock" as my way of isolating parts of my drawings.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

I use layers like everyone else. I've been able to make some nice art on the iPad, but for the really deep down digital work the PC version is still ideal. I tend to sketch out what I want on the iPad and use the record script to put it on the PC for me.

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Quote Originally Posted by MagenSparks View Post
    I use layers like everyone else. I've been able to make some nice art on the iPad, but for the really deep down digital work the PC version is still ideal. I tend to sketch out what I want on the iPad and use the record script to put it on the PC for me.
    That is such an excellent idea! AS I understand it, you can even run the script with a larger canvas size on the desktop. Right?

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Yes, to a certain extent you can use the record script to enlarge the painting to fit a larger resolution. The big thing to remember is to make sure that the ratio you start on the iPad can be doubled easily on the PC.

If the ratios aren't evenly doubled you can get some skewing. Sometimes that ends up being better, sometimes not so much. Sometimes it's just nice to get the idea over on the bigger PC where you can use a layer and quickly resketch the idea you had started with.

I'm sure there is someone who can explain this better. I just discovered the best way to use the scripting for me by trial and error.