ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Continental

The Continental

After listening to some old swing Jazz by Artie Shaw and Benny Goodman, I just was having fun with lively colors and getting into the "swing" of things, I hope you enjoy this piece.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Continental.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	492.7 KB 
ID:	80609  

The Continental....Two ways of viewing this to me...Mellow on the first look with your title, jazzy hot with my all time Goodman favorite on the second. Very lively Gary....Now it's time to 'Sing Sing Sing'....just something magical about that song as well as your painting.
    Very nice...with both songs!
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Yes, I think the intercontinental would probably be an image that would present a different sort of dance to inspire forward thinking cockroaches to start buying up real estate for when humanity leaves the planet.

Conversely this is a lyrical piece with the various instrument sections coexisting in in a most harmonious manner. Nice image. Very active like a dance floor as well.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    The Continental....Two ways of viewing this to me...Mellow on the first look with your title, jazzy hot with my all time Goodman favorite on the second. Very lively Gary....Now it's time to 'Sing Sing Sing'....just something magical about that song as well as your painting.
    Very nice...with both songs!
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    Thanks steve, I was also listening to Sing Sing Sing... !...I am coming to love the music from that era...

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Yes, I think the intercontinental would probably be an image that would present a different sort of dance to inspire forward thinking cockroaches to start buying up real estate for when humanity leaves the planet.

Conversely this is a lyrical piece with the various instrument sections coexisting in in a most harmonious manner. Nice image. Very active like a dance floor as well.
    Thank you D Akey, there is an idea of bug life to this as well as the musical aspect....

The color of music!

Lively and fun. Love the swing of it all! I think I see a heart in there and everything comes from it!

This one is really... GOOD! They look like a lot of things that are piled one over the other but in a comfy way like they were meant to be there. Brilliant!
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    Lively and fun. Love the swing of it all! I think I see a heart in there and everything comes from it!
    yes a green heart of new growth !..

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    This one is really... GOOD! They look like a lot of things that are piled one over the other but in a comfy way like they were meant to be there. Brilliant!
    I blush, but I am really happy that you like this one. I was pretty happy with the overall result. a few previous attempts in this direction just did not pan out..

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Outrageous! Outstanding! Out there! Out of the box!

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Osaka View Post
    Outrageous! Outstanding! Out there! Out of the box!
    hee hee I guess you like this one ... thanks Victor. I see you are a Lynda author what class? I have been using Lynda for years and years... I would like to check out your videos

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Personally I want to know what you are smokin"

I just love your work.

Since....you....asked... I have a lynda.com course on drawing on the iPad. It's a top performer in it's first weekend!
    It is called: "Drawing on the iPad with SketchBook Pro" But, rest assured there is a lot of information that even ArtRage users would like!

If anyone would like to check it out: http://www.lynda.com/iPad-tutorials/.../153781-2.html

Here is a Free 7 Day Trial subscription to Lynda.com as well: http://www.lynda.com/trial/VictorOsaka

Here is a lynda.com page on my website: http://3dman.com/lynda.html

Moderators please delete if you consider this spam. I post it because it does offer tips and advice that can be applied to ArtRage and any paint program other than SBP!
    Last edited by Victor Osaka; 04-23-2014 at 11:52 AM.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)