ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New sticker from layer contents ( ? )

New sticker from layer contents ( ? )

Hi,

I notice there's the option "New stencil from layer contents". Is there the same option for stickers somewhere ? "New sticker from layer contents."

Thank you !
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5
    Draw and paint with a simple corded mouse.
    My gallery: http://500px.com/cb6973

Hi Claudine
    Sadly not but I like your thinking!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Actually, I believe you can get from here to there, although it's a number of steps. A stencil, I believe only carries a limited amount of information - an alpha (I believe that's the term) mask which supports opacity and transparency. If you create a stencil in the right environment - your stencil on a "Cel" canvas, you can then save it as a png. The special canvas form is critical for transparency. From there, if you follow Someonesane's tutorial on creating a sticker set (after all a sticker set is based on a sticker, in turn, potentially based on a stencil), you can create a sticker set from whatever stencil you created. Probably not as easy as one would like but it's doable.