ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Coastal Inlet

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Coastal Inlet

    working a mix of organic and geometric ( civilized ) spring has sprung here and loving the plum blossoms and blues in the sky...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coastal Inlet.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	404.9 KB 
ID:	80563  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Torino
    Posts
    1,427
    Nice one Dear Gary, I do like earth tones opposed to blue. ciao
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

    That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    And abstractionist's view of King of the Blue Meanies from Yellow Submarine perhaps. WWGD = What would Gainsborough do?

    Other than that image I have from this, I think this is a really spiffy painting. I love all the brushwork and the division of the canvas. But that crown shape makes me think "head & crown". . . and all the associated abstract shapes within lining up from my personal template.

    Anyway, it's a really great job of painting. I get the freshness of a clear day at the ocean. The colors are great for a day at the beach or drive along the coast.

    Edit: Just had a follow up thought -- my mind was reaching for the connection to Poseidon of course. . . I knew there were some dots that weren't connecting. B. Final answer. Poseidon. . . and Yeah. I SOOOO want to be a millionaire. . . but I digress. . .
    Last edited by D Akey; 04-17-2014 at 12:45 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,035
    Hi Gary, I didn't have a chance to look out my window today....
    This is obviously images of the outdoors being reflected off my infinity pool onto a mirror I have on my polished oak wall paneling in the dining room at my retreat overlooking the lake....It was a beautiful and bright day, and my trees and flowers were blooming...'I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nice one friend....
    Like it..take care,
    Steve

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Huntsville, On., Canada
    Posts
    5,356
    Spring flowers breaking through, Gary, great colours and motion

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    Absolutely wonderful as for design and colors in particular. I also see a lot of human by-products, marvellously colorful garbage if You wish, which would require recycling. Am I wrong in my interpretative impression?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Matthews , NC
    Posts
    2,372

    Love the coastal images

    The sense of the shore and the water is very strong as is the brown earth suddenly bursting with bloom. Very nice and I am glad that your spring has finally sprung!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Nice one Dear Gary, I do like earth tones opposed to blue. ciao
    AndreaMG...thank you for viewing and commenting !

    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    And abstractionist's view of King of the Blue Meanies from Yellow Submarine perhaps. WWGD = What would Gainsborough do?

    Other than that image I have from this, I think this is a really spiffy painting. I love all the brushwork and the division of the canvas. But that crown shape makes me think "head & crown". . . and all the associated abstract shapes within lining up from my personal template.

    Anyway, it's a really great job of painting. I get the freshness of a clear day at the ocean. The colors are great for a day at the beach or drive along the coast.

    Edit: Just had a follow up thought -- my mind was reaching for the connection to Poseidon of course. . . I knew there were some dots that weren't connecting. B. Final answer. Poseidon. . . and Yeah. I SOOOO want to be a millionaire. . . but I digress. . .
    D Akey I am surprised at you !! it is SOOO easy to be a millionaire these days, all you have to do is take $500,000.00 and invest it in the stock market... that's what it did ...NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Hi Gary, I didn't have a chance to look out my window today....
    This is obviously images of the outdoors being reflected off my infinity pool onto a mirror I have on my polished oak wall paneling in the dining room at my retreat overlooking the lake....It was a beautiful and bright day, and my trees and flowers were blooming...'I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nice one friend....
    Like it..take care,
    Steve
    I would sure like to visit that lakeside retreat... it sounds like an excellent artist's retreat!...

    Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Spring flowers breaking through, Gary, great colours and motion
    thanks jean.. I am becoming a fan of spring!.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Absolutely wonderful as for design and colors in particular. I also see a lot of human by-products, marvellously colorful garbage if You wish, which would require recycling. Am I wrong in my interpretative impression?
    Caesar, I think not I am always amazed at walking around even outdoors and catching glimpses of bright non natural colors from trash etc left behind... like seeing the sky divided by the lines of power... and communication ( power and phone lines )

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    The sense of the shore and the water is very strong as is the brown earth suddenly bursting with bloom. Very nice and I am glad that your spring has finally sprung!
    thank you very much Marilyn..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ravenna- Italy
    Posts
    2,548
    Wonderful colors and contrast: Nature has exploded
    Silvia Bandini

    Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,182
    This is very intriguing. I like your choice of colors here Gary. Very bold, surrealized sea..........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •