ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coastal Inlet

Coastal Inlet

working a mix of organic and geometric ( civilized ) spring has sprung here and loving the plum blossoms and blues in the sky...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coastal Inlet.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	404.9 KB 
ID:	80563  

Nice one Dear Gary, I do like earth tones opposed to blue. ciao
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

And abstractionist's view of King of the Blue Meanies from Yellow Submarine perhaps. WWGD = What would Gainsborough do?

Other than that image I have from this, I think this is a really spiffy painting. I love all the brushwork and the division of the canvas. But that crown shape makes me think "head & crown". . . and all the associated abstract shapes within lining up from my personal template.

Anyway, it's a really great job of painting. I get the freshness of a clear day at the ocean. The colors are great for a day at the beach or drive along the coast.

Edit: Just had a follow up thought -- my mind was reaching for the connection to Poseidon of course. . . I knew there were some dots that weren't connecting. B. Final answer. Poseidon. . . and Yeah. I SOOOO want to be a millionaire. . . but I digress. . .
    Last edited by D Akey; 04-17-2014 at 12:45 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Gary, I didn't have a chance to look out my window today....
    This is obviously images of the outdoors being reflected off my infinity pool onto a mirror I have on my polished oak wall paneling in the dining room at my retreat overlooking the lake....It was a beautiful and bright day, and my trees and flowers were blooming...'I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nice one friend....
    Like it..take care,
    Steve

Spring flowers breaking through, Gary, great colours and motion

Absolutely wonderful as for design and colors in particular. I also see a lot of human by-products, marvellously colorful garbage if You wish, which would require recycling. Am I wrong in my interpretative impression?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Love the coastal images

The sense of the shore and the water is very strong as is the brown earth suddenly bursting with bloom. Very nice and I am glad that your spring has finally sprung!

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Nice one Dear Gary, I do like earth tones opposed to blue. ciao
    AndreaMG...thank you for viewing and commenting !

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    And abstractionist's view of King of the Blue Meanies from Yellow Submarine perhaps. WWGD = What would Gainsborough do?

Other than that image I have from this, I think this is a really spiffy painting. I love all the brushwork and the division of the canvas. But that crown shape makes me think "head & crown". . . and all the associated abstract shapes within lining up from my personal template.

Anyway, it's a really great job of painting. I get the freshness of a clear day at the ocean. The colors are great for a day at the beach or drive along the coast.

Edit: Just had a follow up thought -- my mind was reaching for the connection to Poseidon of course. . . I knew there were some dots that weren't connecting. B. Final answer. Poseidon. . . and Yeah. I SOOOO want to be a millionaire. . . but I digress. . .
    D Akey I am surprised at you !! it is SOOO easy to be a millionaire these days, all you have to do is take $500,000.00 and invest it in the stock market... that's what it did ...NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Hi Gary, I didn't have a chance to look out my window today....
    This is obviously images of the outdoors being reflected off my infinity pool onto a mirror I have on my polished oak wall paneling in the dining room at my retreat overlooking the lake....It was a beautiful and bright day, and my trees and flowers were blooming...'I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nice one friend....
    Like it..take care,
    Steve
    I would sure like to visit that lakeside retreat... it sounds like an excellent artist's retreat!...

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Spring flowers breaking through, Gary, great colours and motion
    thanks jean.. I am becoming a fan of spring!.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Absolutely wonderful as for design and colors in particular. I also see a lot of human by-products, marvellously colorful garbage if You wish, which would require recycling. Am I wrong in my interpretative impression?
    Caesar, I think not I am always amazed at walking around even outdoors and catching glimpses of bright non natural colors from trash etc left behind... like seeing the sky divided by the lines of power... and communication ( power and phone lines )

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    The sense of the shore and the water is very strong as is the brown earth suddenly bursting with bloom. Very nice and I am glad that your spring has finally sprung!
    thank you very much Marilyn..

Wonderful colors and contrast: Nature has exploded
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

This is very intriguing. I like your choice of colors here Gary. Very bold, surrealized sea..........