ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texturetest

Texturetest

Shaping shadows and playing with texture ... a speedy and funny excercise and play with the mouse ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Texturetest.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	314.0 KB 
ID:	80545  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Great results, Caesar

Interesting. Did it yield answers for you? What were you trying to do? Just get a sort of overall patina? For me it has a bit of a mechanical texture feel. I like the idea and think it could be exploited more as well if you care to go that route. Go man go!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Caesar.... interesting texture I like the colors in it, as D Akey says it has a mechanical evenness in it, which I like in some works... I see it in the top of his hair and in some of the shadows of the face like there is transparency there so the background shows through intentional? experimental? .... I like the bright opaque highlights in his face... I like the strong graphic quality of the whole image... although personally I would like stronger bolder blacks in the outlining of the face etc...

I like it!..Always enjoyed looking at and doing shadowed paintings, got interested collecting concert posters from the Sixties...Yeah, I know putting a age on something again!
    Good strong image, I like this because without a ton of detail, you present a story or emotion without the clutter! Don't get me wrong!....I obviously love clutter!
    Cool image!
    Take care,
    Steve

Interesting one and your mouse paints well !

Oh, I like this one. Very cool character and new style of shadow painting.

Thank You, dear Jean! I'm always eager to find way to simplify efectively enough and to explore textures in order to find out possible fast-to-make style alternatives.

Dear D Akey, what I was looking for initially was a sort of drawing style reduced to a bi-chrome/ bi-tonal synthesis of an imaginary face (light and shadow) with a different background to appropriately surround it. I therefore got the herebelow base. Then I decided to see if I could harmonize it all chromatically and texturwise. Now I wonder if this texture solution may produce also the effect of old comics, of Lichtenstein painting where color is obtained by a base color and many regularly spaced little dots of a different color to get a mix by opticl fusion. Here I got, to some extent and differently, this effect, the patina I mean (nice to meet another Italian word ), by burn-blending the cobalt blue and a sort of warm raw sienna instead of using the fundamental colors. I then decided to extend the texture similarly to the face too. (BTW I used chalk and a textured sienna background I had developped long ago for getting this grainy look). Thank you!

Dear Gary, You're absolutely right and I'll try to follow Your suggestion! Unfortunately just using the filling tool on the outlines doesn't seem to work, so I'll have to do it manually, which is possibly better. Thank You also for Your overall appreciation of the attempt!

Thank You :, dear Steve! You're right too! I apparently removed "clutter" in terms of many details, colors and tones th then add a mechanical texture to get a sort of mechanical printing effect. I may look somehow schizophrenic, but I was certainly driven by the influence of certain two tones face prints and of the comics I read as a child and a boy, just to, painfully, add an age element and reminder too ... LOL

Dear SCP, I'll have to gather all the paintings made by my talented mouse in the same place, I guess, a ... mmmh .... Mouseum! LOL Don't care, I'm silly. Thank You!

Dear Pai, impressionists used to say that shadow isn't uniform and neutral as color, this is another way to get dark shadows not uniform at least. Thank You!

So serious... I like it!!!
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Maybe You may try to render this way the portrait of one among Your reference models, say Avril Lavigne for instance, this way too, dear Andrea! LOL Thank You!