ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim painting

Skyrim painting

Hi all, I've spent an enjoyable afternoon painting my favourite steed in my favourite game, Skyrim, which I'm still playing after a few years.

This is a painting of Shadowmere, the armour is a mod. I'm a little horse mad so forgive me. As you can see I added some preset grasses, mainly used oil brush, palette knife and ink pen, with 8 layers altogether. I used the trace function to pick up the colours. Took me around 6 hours. Original is included. Thanks for looking

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadowmere-Hillie150414.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	80542

Name:  Shadowmere-orig.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  74.5 KB

Hildee. As far as I can see its looking good. Ok. It's dark on my IPad ok

It's certainly scary and well executed!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

well done illustrative work, carries great mood and mystery... nicely done.

Very nice but dark

Not bad. Like with Mr Ploos, they're both showing up rather dim on my screen as well.

But it's a neat image. Have to think about the Nazgul somewhat although they were in a different world. They were called The Dark Riders. I guess that means a dark picture as well then. Good fantasy image. Glad you're having so much fun with the game.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Actually it's ok on my screen. Very nice painting indeed. Love that dramatic mood and mystery feel

I just remembered why I haven't been playing SkyRim Hillie, - too scary LOL. I looked at this on my ipad and it is very dark so now looking on my PC and it looks fine. The face of the horse is very dark on my PC but it is on the original too. I can see how it must have taken you 6 hours. Lots of work in there, great result.

Thanks all for your lovely comments, made my day

I was worried about it being dark, but on my pc it's ok - I have an external monitor so it looked fine. I even upped the highlights to test it and decided against it.

Yeah I'm a bit of a fantasy girl. Helps the escapism Real life kind of gets to me sometimes.