ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Innocence

Innocence

This was a quick sketch I did because I'm currently going through an 'artist block' right now.
    I was messing around with the stickers and suddenly the idea just came to me! I hope you enjoy.
    Sorry it looks so grainy... Just click on it to see the larger size (then it looks fine).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Little Farm Girl.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	80534

Very cool visual metaphor for artist's block fighting through the dead growth to get to the vitality yielding crops. GO GO GO!!!!! Somebody give the girl a machete or at least a palette knife with which to cut through. . .

Looks great to me. Really nice imagery. Well done. Clear as a children's book illustration. (I actually think if your angle the camera slightly to one side or the other we would see she is coming out of another fine crop and just hopping the median to get to the other side.) She's an explorer alright.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Very cool visual metaphor for artist's block fighting through the dead growth to get to the vitality yielding crops.
    Beautiful!
    I never thought of it that way... Thanks! I feel so encouraged now. I WILL get through this block. Just...
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Somebody give [me] a machete or at least a palette knife with which to cut through.

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor

Smile

Yeah! I think we have a Jungian Analyst in our midsts.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

This is beautiful. I love the concept & the innocence of it.

I'm having a touch of that "artist block" at the moment too. Must be the time of year :-). Yours seems to be not as troublesome as mine when you can produce such a pleasing painting. Beautiful work.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Osaka View Post
    Yeah! I think we have a Jungian Analyst in our midsts.
    I do really like Jung. . . just not too Jung, Sigmund.

Actually his template works for me pretty much up and down the line. Makes life into a game which makes it all the more fun, and related to Art. . . zowie!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Welcome and a fine painting anticipating a little what is forthcoming in few weeks!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

A very lovely painting, Fiawin. I imagine this art piece in a children story book. What is her next adventure is this golden crop field ?

Thank you so much everyone!
    And thanks to all of you guys, I've finally overcome my artist's block!
    Oh, and in case any of you want to know a amazing artist on youtube, check out Sycra! He is amazing and helped me through a lot of stuff. He teaches you about just everything.

Excellent suggestion about Sycra. Never heard of him before. Thanks! I just now, first taste, tapped into his interview with Lois van Baarle or Loish on DA. She's a very talented young lady (under 20! wow! Prolific.). Will be fun surfing Sycra. Whoopie!