ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The World Ends With You

The World Ends With You

The World Ends With You is a game on the ipad. It was super cool and fun, but sadly, I had to stop playing it because of language problems.
    ANYWAY...
    I traced over a lineart drawn by someone else (they did an awesome job, BTW), and just fixed it up a little.
    Then I colored it in.
    So basically, it was a coloring practice.
    Did I do a good job?
    Anyone else heard of the game?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neku (no name).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	80519

Looks like you did a very good job. I don't know the source, but this looks great!

Sorry, I don't know the game. But looks like it inspired you to some pretty nice artistic expression. Great thing about art -- the language is fairly universal and you should never have a problem with communicating if you can do this level of image.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Looks like good technique. Colours match pretty well but double check the skin tone. However the name is spelled Sakuraba. Keep your outlines as the top layer if you want your logo to be more anime. The shadows on Neku should be hard not soft. It will be nice to see as your ArtRage anime technique progresses!
    Last edited by Victor Osaka; 04-14-2014 at 03:47 PM.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Fine manga. Welcome!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very good practice indeed. You got a really nice anime look I hope you do more.
    I recently done a similar thing with a colouring page for some practice. Steampunk style colouring test.
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

The colors were fun to do though, because I took a different picture from the game and used to dropper to get the exact colors. It just wasn't working for me otherwise...