ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Flowered bodice

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor

Flowered bodice

Hi all. Just got brave enough to post one of mine for critique! Be gentle ... it's only my 9th try at ArtRage

No photo base - only a photo reference from a fashion book. It certainly does not have punchiness. It was created to be softer.

How would you have done this? This was on the iPad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-04-08 at 1.50.26 PM.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	80420

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Victor, great work on an ipad, so if I was doing this on my comp not ipad lol , I would define the rose a little more, do a little more blending on the rest if you are looking for more softness

Thanks for the feedback pat1940. I tried to add more layers using the pencil to define the petals more but could not get a nice balance. Do you have an example or maybe grab a screen shot and show me how to do it? wink wink

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Victor, I am so sorry I don't have the time to paint today as we are packing up to go away for a little over a month to Vancouver to our grandsons wedding, I will have my ipad with me but cannot paint that well on it, to hard on the eyes lol I am sure someone will pop in and give you some help, will be checking in on everyones paintings and try to make some comments, take care and keep up the good work

Have a great time at this special wedding!

Victor

Victor, I had a few minutes to work on this, hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images