ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Way out of my comfort zone

Way out of my comfort zone

I was cleaning out stuff in the basement and came across a picture frame that I had bought at one time and this was the lady in the frame and I did enjoy trying to paint her even tho everything is not quite right , oil brush with various stiffness

Name:  girl from frame.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  75.1 KB

Hi. Jean. Lovely. U should get out of you comfort zone more often Congrats Kia Ora

Looks as if it was just painted in the nineteenth century Jean.....You have a time machine in that basement as well?
    And if this is "way out of your comfort zone", move over!.. I want to be in that zone as well!
    I think it's nicely done!
    Steve

Thanks Mr Ploos and Steve, I am trying to get a more painterly look and I think I got closer with this one

So elegant and classic lady. Beautiful. It's great you're painting something different.

What a lovely delicate painting, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

wow jean this is pretty special!.. you did a very fine job on this especially the flowers and hat, and the lace of her sleeve. love the background as well... GREAT JOB!...

I dunno JustJean. . . she looks right comfortable to me. What a great painting! You really rose to the occasion and pulled of a very very nice picture. Could even see this in an advert from the Gay 90s. . . a lady who could really enjoy a ride in one of them new-fangled automobiles that scare the carriage horses so.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Jean, how can you say not quite right, this is absolutely beautiful, so come out of your comfort zone more often, I love this painting dear Jean congrats to a wonderful job

Her face looks so delicate almost like porcelain. You have done a wonderful job. Please do some more.
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/