ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to Delete an ArtRage Painting on the MAC?

How to Delete an ArtRage Painting on the MAC?

I now have both the iPad and MAC versions of ArtRage. I know how to delete a painting on the iPad. How do I delete a painting on the MAC version of ArtRage? Is there a local "Gallery" as there is on the iPad? A search for "Gallery" on the MAC Artrage manual comes up empty.

I haven't used a Mac since I was in college, but if they're the same as they were then, you should be able to simply select the .ptg files (which are ArtRage image file types) and drag them straight into the Trash (or right click on them and select "Send to Trash").
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I've just replied to your email! But I'll answer again here for the benefit of everyone:

ArtRage does not have a special 'Gallery' on the desktop computer, it just saves your work under My Documents > ArtRage Paintings. This is the same on both Windows and Mac.

You can change the location it saves to, and delete, move, copy and rename the saved files by browsing to the folder outside of ArtRage, just the same as you would any other document or image file.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Mine weren't there but...

... I did a search for ".ptg" files throughout my MAC and found them in a quite different working folder. Not sure why they ended up there.

I've got to figure out how to get them to default into that path you suggest, starting with Mac Documents. Anyway, thanks for your help. Nice to know they are simply treated as other files.

If you choose "Save As" in ArtRage, you can pick the location it saves to.

It doesn't really matter where they are, in the end, as long as you can find them.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!