ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deserted City

Deserted City

old language no longer spoken echos off the walls of the old market place...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deserted city.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	483.7 KB 
ID:	80379  

Don't those colours sing! I love this!

I'm frankly astounded by the colors and how my imagination was instantly captured and redirected... simply just by the title alone.
    Hooper's Night Windows re-envisioned in the future, where the language was absorbed into a 'Cityspeak' years earlier. Or...venturing outside the dome, exploring the long abandoned city of our fore fathers of which we know nothing about, only legends!....Watch out for the 'Cubs'....
    Gary...This one grabs me!
    Take care friend....
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 04-07-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Signs replace sounds, memory images. All remains vivid and colorful though ... Marvellous!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Sparta is still alive in this one Gary
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Very lively painting , it is a happy and exciting painting, really think this one is fantastic, great work again Gary

Yes, I have been to colorful markets

So like these colors in Buenos Aires and Mexico. Always glad to pick up some colorful things to bring home. Nice feeling. Nice paintings.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Don't those colours sing! I love this!
    thanks Robyn, I have to admit that I like to drop in little jewel like colors to really make the painting sing..

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    I'm frankly astounded by the colors and how my imagination was instantly captured and redirected... simply just by the title alone.
    Hooper's Night Windows re-envisioned in the future, where the language was absorbed into a 'Cityspeak' years earlier. Or...venturing outside the dome, exploring the long abandoned city of our fore fathers of which we know nothing about, only legends!....Watch out for the 'Cubs'....
    Gary...This one grabs me!
    Take care friend....
    Steve
    super Steve, please you like the colors and work on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Signs replace sounds, memory images. All remains vivid and colorful though ... Marvellous!
    thanks Caesar, very perceptive as I let some "signage" in this to allude to a past language.

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    Sparta is still alive in this one Gary
    thanks Katie, I think I hear the leather sandals walking over pavement stones...

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Very lively painting , it is a happy and exciting painting, really think this one is fantastic, great work again Gary
    thank you Pat...

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    So like these colors in Buenos Aires and Mexico. Always glad to pick up some colorful things to bring home. Nice feeling. Nice paintings.
    thanks Marilyn Anne, you are fortunate to have been to such wonderful places..

A very alive and colorful city to me. I like how you chose your color palette on each abstract you created. Very nice one