ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bougainvillea in my garden

Bougainvillea in my garden

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and to ArtRage - I'm not an artist - I'm a grandmother who has discovered the joys of ArtRage and especially the watercolour brush. I've been reading the forums and trying to pick up tips.

Thanks to a tutorial here on making stickers, I have made a sticker spray of a bougainvillea flower/bract from one painted previously - I've used the sticker spray for some of the flowers in the lower foreground. The flowers on the upper left hand side are the original watercolour which I imported into the picture.

The butterflies too were previously painted and imported.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bougainvillea climbing over wall.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	80332

A splendid painting and welcome! Hope this is the kind of bougainvillea that doesn't have those tremendous thorns. I have that kind at home. Came with the house. But they sure are pretty to look at and mine are in bloom and the same color as you painted.

Welcome!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you and yes, mine is the same as yours - came with the house and has wicked thorns. On occasions, when leaving the house after a heavy rain and the bougainvillea is weighed down with moisture; as I fight my way thru the gate, I am reminded of Sleeping Beauty being surrounded by rose thorns. However, there is never a Knight in sight to rescue me.

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Thank you and yes, mine is the same as yours - came with the house and has wicked thorns. On occasions, when leaving the house after a heavy rain and the bougainvillea is weighed down with moisture; as I fight my way thru the gate, I am reminded of Sleeping Beauty being surrounded by rose thorns. However, there is never a Knight in sight to rescue me.
    Yeah, I think it may have something to do with rust after the rain and the armor. Sleeping beauties, their weakness is, well, they tend to over sleep. Knights on the other hand tend to fall prey to oxidation in the joints. If you learned anything at all from the Wizard of Oz, when dealing with metallic fellows, it's to keep an oil can at the ready. . . though a wise fairy godmother once said to have faith in a happy ending, but keep a good, stout weed-whacker in your trousseau.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Welcome dear with your beautiful painting.
    Hope to see more ....
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Nicely done......And Welcome!
    Looking forward to more paintings from you, and have fun doing them!
    Take care,
    Steve

Welcome and nice painting indeed
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Welcome to you Enug. A well thought through painting using a pretty sophisticated tool.

I get confused by the stickers and have only had some failed attempts at making them, so well done you!

A world of fun has opened to you

Very nice and wat a joy to do. Hope you keep on working it!