ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Potted Geraniums - Shezza

Potted Geraniums - Shezza

I was inspired to paint these Geraniums using the Gloop brush after seeing a recent image "Gloopy Geraniums". I painted the leaves, stems & pots using one of the Oil brushes.
    The background is an AR pattern.

Name:  sc-geraniuns-brick.png
Views: 100
Size:  286.7 KB

Cool. As to the way you did the shadows, I don't know if you had the blend setting right because it's looking like the same image duplicated, pulled to the right and made somewhat transparent. I think you may be looking for the [multiply] layer setting to the shadow layer and you can adjust the transparency to suit.

I'm not sure that's what you wanted to do though. But because of it's placement it looks as if you're going for a shadow effect. And shadows often are darker, cooler and less saturated than the surface it's falling upon. If you're going for an after image or double vision or something then you may be on the right course.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for commenting D Akey.

Yes you are right shadows are darker and transparent. Normally I would paint a shadow but In this case I wanted a "theatrical" sort of shadow if that is the correct term which I did by duplicating the layer and lowering the transparency as you said.

Thanks again.

Quite stylised and decorative.

Lovely geraniums Shezza.
    I have only played with the gloop pen. It seems you can get some great effects.