ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man's Little Garden

Man's Little Garden

A man's castle is his home, and his yard, done in oil 2 layers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Man's Little Garden.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	80312  

Hello Pat....
    He looks quite content tending the castle gardens....it's a peacefull image, and nicely done!
    Tell him to close the door, or he have collectors offering to buy the 'Barn Find'....like how
    you did the rust!
    Take care friend,
    Steve

What an endearing scene. It's so believable. I love the way you have her posture. It's really quite often like that. And the colors and values feel very believable. I also get the 'old service' of it, between herself and the farm. But she still keeps chugging along. And the model of car is far older than she, which speaks of a continuity of time that is longer than her own life.

You know, in the movie about King Arthur called Excalibur, there was something that King Arthur forgets which is the key to his being king. And it's quite profound. And you painted it here in my opinion. And that theme is: The king and the land are one.

I feel from this that the lady and her grounds are one, they relate so thoroughly. What a terrific metaphor. It's a relationship picture, in which she still tends the ground and it still gives her beauty and sustenance in Time.

Very fine picture Pat.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A precious scene

Reminds me of my Mother's aunts house. Her garage and garden was so like that and my great grandmother had an old car in her garage. My sister and I used to play in it all the time.

This is one of those scenes that makes me want to step right into it and explore. Love the atmosphere here, (and that rust on the car is a wonderful touch) well done!

~ Scribbles
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

WOW, what a precious little painting! So placid and warm!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

A very pleasant scene, homely and everlasting.
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

The painting is real good and the rusty car is over the top
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Well Pat, as all have said this is a lovely painting bringing back memories both of working in the garden and remembering my memories

A relaxing scene Pat and I love the car!