ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Aftershock 6.5

Aftershock 6.5

lots of earthquakes going on in California, and Oregon right now so this was a vision of the tumbled down city centuries after the fact. I did this several days ago but was not really happy with it, but Steve said to post everything good and bad and let the forum take from it what they wanted.... he is right so here it is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aftershock 6.5.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	459.5 KB 
ID:	80241  

I like it

I like it!

Very thoughtful painting. It gives me the hope feeling with your colorful palette even though I saw some of the destructive from the earthquake. I really like this one. Great piece of abstract

Hello Gary...You had a post Apocalyptic vision of the future?... Well if you have any premonitions to such an event, let us know friend so we can prepare for a 'Madmax' world....I've always found that particular scenario fasninating and occasionally search for post apocalyptic paintings...some of the images are amazing and very thought provoking.
    Keep sharing your art Gary...
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Interesting piece. I don't always post on here, but I do fancy a glance from time to time.

It feels very much like the chaos of an earth shaker. I like the colors and the tumble down feeling.

Also, it reminds me of my flower garden and how often I have to re-set the border fencing due to my little earth shakers on four paws. How they continually get tangled up in my flowerbeds is beyond me!

Anyway. Nice work.

I don't like what is going on out your way, Gary, but I do like this painting. I am so glad that you listened to Steve.
    Fantastic.

Here You conjugated geometrical abstraction with Your textural and color abstraction in a orderly and most effective way to express, well beyond any word, sound and image, what's the apperance and effect of an earthquake, around us and within us, the emotional involvement and terrible, though fascinating, impact we experience in front of such an awful natural force and show.
    Whatever wa the reason for refraining from showing it, I'd say that, in my modest opinion, as understated and humble as it may look in front of other gorgeous artpieces You made, this one may well be among Your best outcomes.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!