ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scribble's Sketchbook

Scribble's Sketchbook

I decided that it was about time to start a thread for some of my miscellaneous doodles and experiments that I did just for fun. No serious thought or effort was put into these, these are just how I like to unwind and free my creative energy. Enjoy!

This one is called "Canyon Lake," which I doodled while watching movies. Oil and palette knife. I know it's too symmetrical to be a good composition but I thought that the colors (and creating the little waterfall) were fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canyon Lake.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	80230

Playing with the stamp tool. Don't laugh, it was fun (and challenging to create a landscape with lol). I love the flexibility of this software to do unconventional things. This one is called "Stamp Landscape." Not one of my best titles...

Name:  Stamp Landscape.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  104.8 KB

See ya'll next time! Back to working on my cat drawing now...
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

Two different and masterful outcomes. Congrats!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I love the depth and the mood of the first painting, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

very nice work both of them

I like both of these, the top one has great depth and lots of beautifully formed rock shapes and the sky is amazing colors...it is like a trip to a magic fiord .. and the stamp landscape is my favorite I love the texture and colors of the background and the trees and bushes... both paintings show a lot of talent and creativity.

Hey Scribbles. What the hell is a stamp tool. ???

Wish I had the talent for this kind of doodles. Very nice.

Very beautiful color palette and depth on the Canyon Lake. I like that one a lot. Hope fo see more and welcome to the forum too

Both are very clever, but there's something intriguing about the textured second one.

The first one looks amazing, love the colors you used
    The second one is very interesting, It gives a nice effect
    my gallery/website x x

Eighty, I think it is called a sticker tool. Not sure hehe. Here is another one. I have a confession to make, this new one was done in Corel Painter X3 because I got it today. Hope it is okay to share it anyway! Used the oil paints and palette knives there, very similar to ArtRage, though much more complicated and it takes some getting used to. But this was a fun experiment to play around with. ArtRage is still my first love for most of my art, as it's much more intuitive and allows for more spontaneous creativity in my opinion, but I can see that Painter will be useful as well. Enjoy

It is called "After the Storm."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After the Storm.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	80245

Until next time...thanks for looking!
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher