ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stand of Trees

Stand of Trees

where to begin, isn't that always the issue with any painting.? I have done several in the past few days and I wasn't that happy with anything. This one I am ok with and decided to post it anyway...I hope you enjoy it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stand of Trees.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	527.3 KB 
ID:	80220  
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 03-31-2014 at 07:14 AM.

Great shapes, colours and strokes in that forest, Gary

I can just see you standing there with your painter's smock and pixels up to your elbows, splashing the colours on with wild abandonment!

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor

Smile

WILD! I like it

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Wonderful textures

The combinations remind me of a collage. Lovely shiny papers and all sorts of things. A treat for the eyes to explore.

Thanks robyn, justjean, Marilyn anne, and victor you are all very generous and I appreciate your continued support and encouragement..

Your work is always so fun...it has been a long time for me, but seeing this great painting of yours makes me glad to be back!
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

Hello Gary, how're you doing? To me it's great. Remember that even in the worst painting there's something that shines, the same goes with beautiful paintings that often have some flows, plus the more we paint the more we understand better how things work and ourselves, so it's always a step ahead
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Hello Gary, how're you doing? To me it's great. Remember that even in the worst painting there's something that shines, the same goes with beautiful paintings that often have some flows, plus the more we paint the more we understand better how things work and ourselves, so it's always a step ahead
    very good advice, I was very impressed with your conversation with D Akey and you said you were always striving to push your boundaries and sometimes it worked and some times not.. but as you say every painting is a step ahead if the intention is honest. thanks

Hello Gary,
    Why are you standing out there with the trees, and have you been out there for a few days deciding which of your paintings you think we would like to see? You could leave it up to us...I personally have enjoyed all of your paintings that I've seen so far. Don't be selective, show them all if you can.. they don't all have to be great...'good or bad' 'in your mind', they all have left a good impression or stirred an emotion or memory in me....So that means that all of your paintings have worked ....'Good or Bad', 'in your mind'...In my mind they're all good!
    I like the stand of trees!
    Take care Friend,
    Steve